Not impressed with HD Video Playback

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
All,

Overall, I am very impressed and happy with my Nexus 7 FHD tablet. However, I decided over the weekend to download a TV show to my device from the Google Play store. Initially, I streamed it from the cloud and didn't like the results. Very pixelated video. I decided to download it to my device to see if the video quality changed. I saw no change in the quality. If this device is supposed to be HD, I'm not seeing it while watching a video. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

J

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Streaming quality will be almost entirely dependent on your connection and general Internet congestion. I know the quality of videos I stream on Netflix will change throughout the viewing, but that's Netflix's fault, not the tablet's. As for downloading it to the tablet, if it's an HD video then it should play in HD. Make sure you didn't accidentally download a lower res version. Also check to see if there are any settings forcing it to play at a lower resolution for some reason. If all else fails, delete it and download it again.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe your original version is SD quality? The tablet is fine. I download HD movies and it plays in HD. I also download some SD tv shows and guess what? it looks like a crappy SD tv show.

Download MX Player and use that as your video player.

Don't blame the tablet.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe your original version is SD quality? The tablet is fine. I download HD movies and it plays in HD. I also download some SD tv shows and guess what? it looks like a crappy SD tv show.

Download MX Player and use that as your video player.

Don't blame the tablet.

I'll definitely try both suggestions. I am fairly certain that I downloaded the HD versions.

J

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I would never pay for a TV show to download. I just record it direct from my cable TV onto my other computer and copy it to the N7. The quality is fantastic. Also I download HD podcasts and they also look great.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Taking a guess here, but it's probably /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.videos/files/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz