When will N7 4G LTE be out???

RF_Benitez

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.

I'd been an iPhone user since the 3G; went to the iPhone 4 and 4s after that.
Switched to Android last december and I've never looked back.

I currently have a Galaxy S4 and am eager to substitute mi iPad 2 for the new N7.
Now here's the tricky part: I've had 3G on my iPad since 2011 and have grown somewhat dependant on it.
Currently, most often than not, I'll be working out of places with wi-fi access. However, it's always been nice to be able to rely on mobile data, if need be.

Do you think I should hold out for the N7 with 4G LTE? Will a wi-fi version tethered to my phone be enough? I mean will it be reliable or a PITA?
Does anyone know if the N7 4G LTE will be carrier-sold or be available unlocked?
How much longer do you expect the wait to be?

Any advice will be appreciated.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Will a wi-fi version tethered to my phone be enough? I mean will it be reliable or a PITA?

Depends on your definition of PITA and whether you can easily tether with your current plan. Bought the wifi version for my wife and put a toggle app on her Galaxy Nexus home screen. She is not real tech savvy and has no problem toggling a hotspot on and off and her plan covers tethering.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been using WiFi to tether my Nexus 7 to my Verizon Galaxy S4, and it has been so seamless and rock-solid, that I am no longer even thinking about switching to the Nexus 7 LTE when it comes out. I have yet to experience any use case where I wished the Nexus were LTE-capable.