Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mak916
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launcher keeps crashing

I am new to the Nexus 7. I have had less than a month. This is my first tablet. Everything is stock. I woke up this morning and tried to access my widgets menu to check something. When I get passed the apps and it goes into widgets, or if I go straight into the widgets, it crashes. It has never done this before. I have turned it off several times and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions that don't involve a hard reset or taking it back to the store? I want to use those as a last resort. Thanks!

P.S. This only happens on the stock launcher. Does not happen on Nova Launcher.

Default Re: Launcher keeps crashing

I would definitely start by resetting the stock Launcher, by doing the following:

1. Settings > Apps
    2. All Apps > Launcher
    3. Use the 'Force Stop' and 'Clear Data' options.

You'll be reverting the launcher to a blank slate, so to speak, when you use the 'Clear Data' option, but this is the method most likely to fix the issue.
    Thanked by:
    mak916 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    I would definitely start by resetting the stock Launcher, by doing the following:

1. Settings > Apps
    2. All Apps > Launcher
    3. Use the 'Force Stop' and 'Clear Data' options.

You'll be reverting the launcher to a blank slate, so to speak, when you use the 'Clear Data' option, but this is the method most likely to fix the issue.
    This worked! Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    This worked! Thank you very much!
    No problem! Clearing an app's cache or data is typically a good fix for strange behavior like that.

My stock launcher crashes constantly and the google launcher crashes as well. When I go into settings under apps it crashes within 3 seconds. I've sent several reports into google when prompted but have heard nothing back. Please help.