Nexus 7: GPS toggle on "Location consent" annoyance!

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It is a total annoyance to have to keep aggreeing to the Location Consent popup window when turning on the GPS toggle. I thought in past 4.2 versions of JB...it did not always come up every time you turned GPS on....am I wrong?

I use Power Toggles to create a few quick toggles but the GPS turning on is a pain in the **** to do quickly as turn on my navigation apps. I wish that the GPS on/off was a quick 1 step process. I am not rooted and wondering if there is a solution for this? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: GPS toggle on "Location consent" annoyance!

Why are you turning GPS off manually? It keeps itself off and only turns on when an app is using it.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

It's more convenient to just keep GPS on. You can tell when an app is using it.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Why are you turning GPS off manually? It keeps itself off and only turns on when an app is using it.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the GPS radio and settings? I thought I was saving battery and performance by turning off the toggle when not needing GPS on.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

The GPS only turns on when an app is using it, so unless you have some rogue app that you want to prevent from using GPS, you won't be saving any battery by turning it on and off manually.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I am misunderstanding the GPS radio and settings? I thought I was saving battery and performance by turning off the toggle when not needing GPS on.

Not so much with GPS because it's a receiver only. BT and WiFi and NFC have transmitters that have to provide EM power to put out a signal. That's why airplane mode is effective for saving power even though it doesn't affect the GPS. I don't know if I trust the tablet to tell me when GPS is being accessed, like when apps give out location data for better search results, or targeted ads ect.
I turn mine off so the government can't find me with it's space ray guns. Sometimes I add a tinfoil hat for added protection.

photostyle

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

It is a total annoyance to have to keep aggreeing to the Location Consent popup window when turning on the GPS toggle. (...) I am not rooted and wondering if there is a solution for this? :confused:

I find this annoying as hell as well. If only people would offer an actual solution instead of "Why are you doing that?" and "That's not worthwhile."

Mike Healy

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I know I'm bumping an old post, but what the hey. If you have rooted your phone, there is an xposed module called Disable Location Consent, I realise the OP hadn't rooted (but may well have done by now :) ). hopefully this will be of some help to someone else who was frustrated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid