WiFi Connection Lags Out

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a Linksys E2000 router. For some reason my new Nexus 7 times out, lags out, or fails to connect when doing basic things like browsing with Chrome, Google+, or the Play Store. I don't want to say that this only occurs with Google apps but they are what I primarily use on my tablet. This happens often enough to be extremely bothersome and I don't know what I should do. I have port forwarding enabled on my router for use with Plex on my PS3 but I don't see how that could only be effecting my Nexus 7 negatively and no other devices. If anyone has any ideas as to what I could do I would greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that with both the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz access points active, the tab keeps trying to connect to the other one. See if turning off the 5.0 GHz one helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
If you happen to be streaming Bluetooth while using 2.4 WiFi it also seems to throttle the connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's possible that with both the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz access points active, the tab keeps trying to connect to the other one. See if turning off the 5.0 GHz one helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

The e2000 can't do 2.4 and 5.0 and the same time.

I had a similar problem as the op described. Here's what I did, not sure which fixed it:
Security is wpa2 ads
WiFi is 5.0ghz only
Latest router firmware
MHz 40, not auto.
Channel 40, not auto.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

josuerios777

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Get a better router? (Seems like the obvious solution, but perhaps that occurs at close distances too). It could also just be the internet connection. Occasionally my Wi-Fi gets really laggy at unexpected times.

Posted via my lag-free, always updated Nexus 4

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I have the router on one end of the house and an access point at the other. I defaulted both and gave the 2.5 & 5 MHz networks unique names. I changed some other settings as well so I am not sure what worked but it doesn't drop out anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2