Noise/static on speakers
I'm not sure if it's always been like this but yesterday I noticed noise/static coming from both speakers. I only heard it because the room was super quiet and the volume was really low. The strange thing is that the static does not get louder as I increase the volume. It is still there but just gets drowned out by whatever is playing on the speaker. It's just a constant low noise/static sound whenever there is audio playing. Has anybody else experienced this? I just double-checked and there is a consant high-pitched sound coming from the speakers even with no sound playing. You have to put it right up to your ear but it's there.
- 09-09-2013, 01:23 PM #2
- 09-09-2013, 07:48 PM #3
- 434 Posts
Re: Noise/static on speakers
My recollection of the discussion of this at XDA is that it is by design: They use a cheaper digital volume control, so when the volume is really low, there is only a small number of bits being used to represent the sound, so it is noisy. As you increase the volume and more bits are used, the sound overcomes the noise.
- By rnelsonee in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 09-11-2013, 12:52 PM
- By juliandid in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 09-10-2013, 08:51 PM
- By dougltc in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2013, 09:55 AM
- By jdhooghe in forum HTC OneReplies: 6Last Post: 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
- By Mohammad Modassir in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:36 AM