Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Noise/static on speakers

I'm not sure if it's always been like this but yesterday I noticed noise/static coming from both speakers. I only heard it because the room was super quiet and the volume was really low. The strange thing is that the static does not get louder as I increase the volume. It is still there but just gets drowned out by whatever is playing on the speaker. It's just a constant low noise/static sound whenever there is audio playing. Has anybody else experienced this? I just double-checked and there is a consant high-pitched sound coming from the speakers even with no sound playing. You have to put it right up to your ear but it's there.

Default Re: Noise/static on speakers

I've noticed this too. I started my own thread about it as well. I hope some people can comment and explain this better

Posted via my HTC One or S4 using the Android Central App

My recollection of the discussion of this at XDA is that it is by design: They use a cheaper digital volume control, so when the volume is really low, there is only a small number of bits being used to represent the sound, so it is noisy. As you increase the volume and more bits are used, the sound overcomes the noise.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I guess that makes some sense.