Playlists

babrees

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Can somebody please enlighten me how to create a new playlist of music I have put on my Nexus 7 from my computer?

I have put my own music on my Nexus 7 and want to make playlists for them. According to articles, to create a new playlist, in the playlist section I simply click on the top right menu icon and select "New Playlist" - but I don't have that option! Google help says to click the menu icon against each tune and select add to playlist - again it doesn't give me that option!

Cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume that you have the Play Music app open on your N7. To create a new playlist of songs on your device:

1. Go to My Library, then tap on the My Library drop down at the top of the screen and select "On device." This will make it easier to look for songs, since it won't show music from the cloud.
2. Before creating the playlist, select a song that you want to start with, and tap the 3 dot menu icon to the right of the song title, not the main menu button.
3. Tap "Add to playlist."
4. You can now either select an existing playlist, or create a new one by tapping "New Playlist."
5. Once the playlist is created, you can add more songs to it using the above procedure.

babrees

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Thanks, that's what I did try too, but it doesn't have the option to add to playlist. All it shows is Start instant mix and shop this artist.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Thanks, that's what I did try too, but it doesn't have the option to add to playlist. All it shows is Start instant mix and shop this artist.

Assuming you are using the standard JB app, I think you are skipping a step. After you choose a song to start with, tap the 3 dots on the song, not the top of the screen and you should see the option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38