Nexus 7 LTE is now available on U.S. google play!!!!!

rangler123

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Go get em guys already ordered mine. If your wondering according to the research I have done it will work on AT&T Just comes with a TMobile sim card, so you'll have to get an AT&T one if you need it

lingcod777

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Go get em guys already ordered mine. If your wondering according to the research I have done it will work on AT&T Just comes with a TMobile sim card, so you'll have to get an AT&T one if you need it

It has Verizon 's 700/AWS bands supported as well. The FCC approval, assuming the one from July is it, doesn't list CDMA (3G). Seems like an odd play but I guess it works out if you use in an area with solid VZW LTE coverage.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. No 3G fallback on VZW is one of the reasons why I am going to just keep tethering my Wi-Fi only Nexus to my phone, at least for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

chrisdiaz73

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine and its already shipped, ordered 2 day shipping so should be here on the 12th at the latest. Will be activating on ATT on my mobile share line, Tmobile sux in my area...2G only and ZERO coverage along the highways...

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. No 3G fallback on VZW is one of the reasons why I am going to just keep tethering my Wi-Fi only Nexus to my phone, at least for now.

I am doing the same. I also just like the idea of my phone being a mobile hotspot for any device, not just my tablet.

Posted via Android Central App

ikam50

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Very disappointing. Whatever happened to the Nexus 7 being compatible with VZW' LTE network. Google states that they never said that it would be. Did something change, were we just misinformed, or just mistakenly ASSumed that it would be?

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Very disappointing. Whatever happened to the Nexus 7 being compatible with VZW' LTE network. Google states that they never said that it would be. Did something change, were we just misinformed, or just mistakenly ASSumed that it would be?

You have information that it is incompatible with Verizon LTE? Because everything I have read up to now indicates that it is.

ikam50

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my info from a Google rep (phone) and followed up online. I hope that I am wrong, but this is what they said.
You have information that it is incompatible with Verizon LTE? Because everything I have read up to now indicates that it is.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
OK. I decided to find out for sure so I called both Google and Verizon and they both verified to me that the Nexus 7 LTE IS compatible with the Verizon network. They both emphasized that it is not compatible with anything other than LTE on Verizon, so no 3G or less data service. Of course, it still has WiFi.

I ordered 2 of them.

howardv

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the definitive word on whether or not this works on Verizon?

Thanks.

This is totally unclear and frustrating. On one page, it says LTE specifically. I click to order and it says this is not available in my country (I'm in the U.S. - California). It says to choose another option. The other option shows a Nexus 7 with "data mobile". I click on it and it takes me to a similar unit, except this one shows T-Mobile with "optional LTE". But then later in the specs, it shows LTE comes with it. So this is very unclear. Google needs to clean up their pages and make it easier to distinguish between the units.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

It is compatible with LTE (as well as HPSA), just not 3G or lower as there is no CDMA radio in it, only GSM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci