Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will LTE version be in stores soon?

I want the new LTE as soon as possible. Is it gonna be in stores soon or should I just order from Google Play? I prefer a local store since it will be easier to return if something is wrong (I hate shipping stuff back!). Anyone know when it will show up at Best Buy, Staples, etc.?

Default Re: Will LTE version be in stores soon?

I agree. I am 2 days in my Staples 14 day period. May gave to return to buy time if there is a chance it will make it into the stores.

Sent from VZW HTC One with Unlimited Data and Tethering (subscriber)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I couldn't wait and just ordered from Google. My confirmation says it will ship on 9/16! I was expecting much sooner (hoping today!). I'll cancel my order if it hits the stores before then.

I don't remember ever seeing/hearing of the 2012 3G model in retail stores. I would check the websites of your local retailers to see if they show it in stock or available for a site-to-store type of arrangement. Otherwise, Google Play time.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Some time next month (October 2013) T-Mobile is going to stock the LTE Nexus 7. If you don't really want T-Mobile service you could just buy one on a prepaid plan and just don't refill it when it expires. Only extra cost would be the $10 for the SIM starter kit and at least $10 for the smallest data pass.

I'm assuming that it will be priced at the same $350 that Google is selling it for since unlike the Nexus 4, Google is not subsidizing the tablet (that's the reason that the Nexus 4 is more expensive to buy from T-Mobile instead of Google Play since T-Mobile doesn't subsidize the phone).

Posted via Android Central App
    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes "ding!" when there's stuff." - The Doctor