Poetic case for my new Nexus 7

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Here is my blog post about my new Poetic case for the new Nexus 7. In the short video, you can see that it works like a Smart Cover for the iPad, in that it turns on and off automatically when you open and close it, with a magnet. Unlike the Smart Cover it completely protects the Nexus, front and back. I bought it for just $12.95 from Amazon. It seems quite nice, and the Nexus fits very perfectly and snug inside. I would recommend it for basic Nexus 7 protection.

Poetic case for the new Nexus 7 | Doug-at-Large

doug

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Great to see that you decided on a greatly valued case! I purchased this case for my new Nexus 7 as well after reading up on the reviews about the service and quality of Poetic cases. It was definitely worth the investment! No doubt!

Posted via Android Central App

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Good purchase! Just purchased same and awaiting its arrival.
Lots of positive reviews as well as a few bad ones (re: long-term quality). I'm sure reputable, customer-oriented vendors (Amazon; Poetic) will stand behind product

howardv

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine 2 days ago and awaiting its arrival. I currently have the Asus "plastic?" one, but not really happy with it. Can't wait to try out this one. Thanks for your review!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the Poetic case for my Sony Xperia Tablet Z. It's very very similar and is quite high quality. Poetic is doing a good job with these.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You may want to be more specific about which case you're talking about, since Poetic makes a handful of different style cases. I have the same case (Poetic slimline, though mine is green), and I love it.

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
it's a decent case.. well worth the $9.95 I paid on Amazon with free shipping. don't waste your money on the official Asus case that costs $19, it's junk.

UPDATE: Today I received a second Poetic case for my Nexus 7 in the mail. Inside was a letter from the company that said they had updated their case with improvements and wanted everyone who purchased to have the newest model. WOW, now that's what I call customer service!!! Way to go Poetic! So far, the improvements seem to be a tighter fit case and the front leather flap doesn't seem nearly as flimsy as before.

Last edited:

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My sister said something from them arrived for me today as well. She's forwarding it to me. Maybe it's the same thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

JS Phang

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Any one has the following issue?:-

When Nexus 7 (2013) connecting with wifi, the Poetic cover working fine. Open the over to wake up the lock screen, close the cover to lock the screen.

However, when Nexus disconnect from wifi and bluetooth, close the cover to lock the screen as normal. After a while (maybe few seconds to 1 minute or more), when the cover is opened, no respond from my Nexus 7. Need to wait for few seconds or more, then only the screen will wake up.

Both my wife's and my Nexus 7 (2013) also having the same problem with Poetic Slim Case.

Last edited:

howardv

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Any one has the following issue?:-

However, when Nexus disconnect from wifi and bluetooth, close the cover to lock the screen as normal. After a while (maybe few seconds to 1 minute or more), when the cover is opened, no respond from my Nexus 7. Need to wait for few seconds or more, then only the screen will wake up.

Both my wife's and my Nexus 7 (2013) also having the same problem with Poetic Slim Case.

This has nothing to do with the case. It's a known issue and Google is aware of it. I've seen this discussed on the Google forums. Lots of people, including myself, have experienced this. Hopefully Google will come up with a software fix soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought this case and love it.

Today I arrive home a d find out that poetic sent me their latest version of the case for free. The new case seems a little bit sturdier now.

I already loves the case, now add into the mix great customer service; buying the poetic slimline is a no brainer for all nexus users.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just chiming it to say that Poetic makes one of the best of the cases in the style, but that's not why I will always buy Poetic cases.

It's due to their commitment to customer satisfaction This is a company that discovers there's an imperfection in their case design/production and then takes it upon themselves to ship, at their expense and eating out of their own profit margin, a replacement case to everyone to whom they'd shipped an imperfect one, whether that customer had complained about - or was had even noticed - the flaw or not.

They're doing it for those who'd received a case with issue on this product, and did the same thing (2 replacements, actually!) on the initial design case for the 2012 model.

There's something to be said for supporting a company that takes such a proactive stance in ensuring their customers are satisfied, and for me, it's saying they've earned my patronage on any future accessory needs I may have, provided they have a solution.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list of extremely satisfied customers. I wasn't sure if I would like ANY case with a flip cover, but the Poetic Slimline changed my mind! I also received a new case in the mail the other day. What a great company! I like this case so much I now have one for my 1st gen N7.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I received a second new case in the mail today. I just received the first one in the mail last week. That's customer service and will keep me as a repeat customer.

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I too have the poetic slimline. I originally purchased it for the Nexus 7 Wi-Fi version. I love the case and have not had any problems. I ended up upgrading to the LTE version when it was released and was happy to find out that it fit my new LTE version....:)

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I too have the poetic slimline. I originally purchased it for the Nexus 7 Wi-Fi version. I love the case and have not had any problems. I ended up upgrading to the LTE version when it was released and was happy to find out that it fit my new LTE version....:)

As soon as I can add the LTE version to my Verizon account, I'll be doing the same.

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Poetic Strapback case from Amazon. I love to accessorize my devices. I'm hoping that it will make reading on the device even more enjoyable...