Nexus 7 froze up, turned off. Now it won't turn back on

Lp84

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem. My 2013 Nexus 7 has run out of battery and now nothing work.
I have try to follow the nexus help guideline on google website but nothing worked, i also try to push and hold buttons but still not work. It's been now a week that my tablet ran out of battery and i try to charge it few times, with the original usb cable and with my nexus wireless charger but nothing work.
I have unlock my bootloader but the rom is still stock android 4.4.2 and no root.
(sorry for my bad english but it isn't easy to explain for me ^^)

Can it be fix ? Should i buy a new battery? a new tablet ?

Morggy14

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: GalaxyNexus froze up, turned off. Now it won't turn back on

I was using it and then it just turned off. I have tried everything from taking the battery and sim out. To trying to reset it. Nothing happens when I try to reset it. I have held the volume buttons and power button down for minutes and it still won't do anything.The only thing that pops up is the battery symbol when its plugged in. Can someone help please?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Morggy and Lp84: Try just holding the power button and volume up button. That has been working wonders for me.

If the battery symbol comes on, let it charge for a while then try again.

Good luck.

Sent from my "no longer 120° or battery guzzling" Sprint Galaxy Nexus, thanks to help from the AC forum

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I was using it and then it just turned off. I have tried everything from taking the battery and sim out. To trying to reset it. Nothing happens when I try to reset it. I have held the volume buttons and power button down for minutes and it still won't do anything.The only thing that pops up is the battery symbol when its plugged in. Can someone help please?

Are you using the charger and cable that came with the tablet. The charger is different that the ones you use for a phone (more amperage). And make sure you charge it for an hour or so before you hold down the power button.

Lindsay Lavigne

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Pioneer! When I try turning it on, all I get is a split second white flash, I know this might sound weird, but it won't turn on, it only turns off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

spydre

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

Thank GOODNESS for this thread. My Nexus froze up, and wouldn't power down, wasn't responding to any of the buttons, and it was in a game screen, so couldn't even pull the menu down. The power+volume down button worked wonders.

Louisa Saunders

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing, tried all the google help things daily for a week, and rang the help centre this evening. They had nothing. Then i just removed the back cover, tightened up all the screws, and pushed on all the connectors. Now it works. Not sure exactly what I did, maybe the battery connection was slightly loose? Regardless, it worked.

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi, yesterday my nexus 7 tablet was working fine until it was frozen on the home screen with all the apps on it. The only thing I could do was turn it off to stand by but when I turn the power button it just turns it back to the frozen screen. Now what I did to try to reset it was hold the power, the volume up and down all together to reset. When I did that it turned off. As I know it was probably cuz the battery was low and it was dying, what do I do? PLEASE, you're my last hope

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you read through the earlier messages in this thread? In one of them, B. Diddy (who has been immensely helpful many times) pointed out to someone that s/he should hold down just the power button, not the power button and the volume button, and the power button should be held down for a long time. B. Diddy also offers a URL that may be useful (his message is #13 in this thread).

I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair