Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jameskk1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jameskk1's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

    Default Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    For those of you who are still confused, wondering, or in denial.... YES the new LTE Nexus 7 does work with at&t LTE. I got mine today and had at&t activate a new sim card for me and it immediately shows LTE on my device.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Of course it does, it's unlocked. It just comes with a T-mobile sim.

    All tablets are unlocked, even my iPad Mini on AT&T works with T-Mobiles LTE.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    All tablets are unlocked, even my iPad Mini on AT&T works with T-Mobiles LTE.
    Hmmm... I learn something new every day!
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk1 View Post
    For those of you who are still confused, wondering, or in denial.... YES the new LTE Nexus 7 does work with at&t LTE. I got mine today and had at&t activate a new sim card for me and it immediately shows LTE on my device.
    Does yours show it with a 4G or LTE icon?
    Mine is showing it with the H icon
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cotaej View Post
    Does yours show it with a 4G or LTE icon?
    Mine is showing it with the H icon
    Mine shows LTE. I've only seen H for a few seconds while on the interstate. I`m assuming there is a H+ icon as well for 3.5g? Haven't seen it yet...

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    jameskk1's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cotaej View Post
    Does yours show it with a 4G or LTE icon?
    Mine is showing it with the H icon
    I've only seen LTE on mine so far
  7. #7  
    genoist's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    It will show LTE when on LTE, and toggle between 3G and H when using HSPA+ (3G when idle, H when transferring data).
    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes "ding!" when there's stuff." - The Doctor
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Apparently you have to go to ATT and have them switch your account to LTE
    I had the 2012 Nexus 7, pulled the sim out of that and put it in the 2013
    After stopping at the ATT store I now see LTE on mine
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    jameskk1's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cotaej View Post
    Apparently you have to go to ATT and have them switch your account to LTE
    I had the 2012 Nexus 7, pulled the sim out of that and put it in the 2013
    After stopping at the ATT store I now see LTE on mine
    Yeah... your sim has to be provisioned for LTE... it won't just pickup the signal in an LTE device.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    I was able to put my Nexus 7 on a prepaid AT&T DataConnect Pass. This is how I did it.

    I walked into an AT&T store and found an Android tablet with LTE on display. I wrote down the IMEI number from the tablet after clicking on Settings, About Tablet, then Status. After that, I went home and logged onto my PC to the AT&T DataConnect website.

    I entered my credit card information, the IMEI of the tablet from the AT&T store (NOT from my Nexus 7), and the number from a new AT&T micro SIM card (never activated) for the ICCID. I selected the 250 MB plan for $14.99/month as a test. (The other plans are 3 GB for $30/month and 5 GB for $50/month.) I then inserted the micro SIM card into the Nexus 7. After I turned it on, I was able to get LTE on AT&T's network.

    Since it's a prepaid plan, I can cancel it if I don't need it anymore. If you're on your Nexus 7, you can click on Settings, More..., then Manage mobile plan. The Nexus 7 will automatically direct you to AT&T's website, where you can log in with your username and password. After that, you can change or cancel your data plan.

    Fun fact: You can use the same SIM card in a Nexus 4 smartphone for data if you change the APN settings to match the ones on the tablet. You obviously can't make calls, though.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    I was able to put my Nexus 7 on a prepaid AT&T DataConnect Pass. This is how I did it.

    I walked into an AT&T store and found an Android tablet with LTE on display. I wrote down the IMEI number from the tablet after clicking on Settings, About Tablet, then Status. After that, I went home and logged onto my PC to the AT&T DataConnect website.

    I entered my credit card information, the IMEI of the tablet from the AT&T store (NOT from my Nexus 7), and the number from a new AT&T micro SIM card (never activated) for the ICCID. I selected the 250 MB plan for $14.99/month as a test. (The other plans are 3 GB for $30/month and 5 GB for $50/month.) I then inserted the micro SIM card into the Nexus 7. After I turned it on, I was able to get LTE on AT&T's network.

    Since it's a prepaid plan, I can cancel it if I don't need it anymore. If you're on your Nexus 7, you can click on Settings, More..., then Manage mobile plan. The Nexus 7 will automatically direct you to AT&T's website, where you can log in with your username and password. After that, you can change or cancel your data plan.

    Fun fact: You can use the same SIM card in a Nexus 4 smartphone for data if you change the APN settings to match the ones on the tablet. You obviously can't make calls, though.
    I use the same AT&T nano sim between my Nexus 7, iPad Mini and iPhone 4S all the time. The correct APN is simply broadband.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Man, using data on the Nexus 7 LTE must be friggen fast. I have an iPhone on AT&T and when it's on LTE it's lightning fast.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Does anyone know if this tablet will ever show H+ on AT&T? All I've seen is H or LTE...
  14. #14  
    Mitalis's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    I'm having the same problem. I registered a new account with AT&T's dataconnect prepaid plan, and it recognized the device as an LTE device as the plan options stated LTE when I went to make my selection. However, I saw the LTE signal appear for a split second, and now it's been stuck with HSPA ever since.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    I was able to put my Nexus 7 on a prepaid AT&T DataConnect Pass. This is how I did it.

    I walked into an AT&T store and found an Android tablet with LTE on display. I wrote down the IMEI number from the tablet after clicking on Settings, About Tablet, then Status. After that, I went home and logged onto my PC to the AT&T DataConnect website.

    I entered my credit card information, the IMEI of the tablet from the AT&T store (NOT from my Nexus 7), and the number from a new AT&T micro SIM card (never activated) for the ICCID. I selected the 250 MB plan for $14.99/month as a test. (The other plans are 3 GB for $30/month and 5 GB for $50/month.) I then inserted the micro SIM card into the Nexus 7. After I turned it on, I was able to get LTE on AT&T's network.

    Since it's a prepaid plan, I can cancel it if I don't need it anymore. If you're on your Nexus 7, you can click on Settings, More..., then Manage mobile plan. The Nexus 7 will automatically direct you to AT&T's website, where you can log in with your username and password. After that, you can change or cancel your data plan.

    Fun fact: You can use the same SIM card in a Nexus 4 smartphone for data if you change the APN settings to match the ones on the tablet. You obviously can't make calls, though.
    I confirmed this to a certain point. When I stuck my 2012 N7 AT&T SIM card into my 2013 N7, I was only getting HSPA+ speeds. Only the "H" was being shown beside the signal strength indicator. I posted my issue on G+ and someone suggested to hit the local AT&T store and get an LTE SIM. Getting out of the store with the SIM was a little difficult as my local store had a rule that SIM's could not leave the store without being activated. After talking with a manager, they let me take the SIM home. I have a pre-paid 3 gig account on when I initially got my 2012 N7. I auto renew this plan. I bought my new 2013 N7 with T-mobile SIM since it came with 2G of free data (might be good in a pinch).

    When I got home, I tried to update my IMEI and ICCID numbers in my buyasession account and it wouldn't let me. Looks like I'll need to cancel my auto-renew and then activate my new LTE SIM with a new line of service with auto renew turned on. My HSPA 3 gig data plan is up Oct 3rd, so looks like I'll be waiting until that date to get LTE on my new N7, as I don't want to activate another line of service.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    I used my 2012's sim in my new N7. It worked, but HSPA only. I've wasted two hours with AT&T Tech support so far trying to get my plan changed to LTE. I ended up with no service at all last night after they told me to cancel my old account and open a new one. I did, but now they can't open me a new one.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Recently bought a Nexus 7 2013 LTE at Best Buy. I canceled and tried to activate my old ATT sim card that I used on the Nexus 7 3G, however when I try to activate a plan straight from my Nexus 7 LTE, it doesn't show the tablet plans. Instead it shows the USB stick mobile plans, which are more expensive for less data. Called ATT support and they told me it was because it was unlocked and the IMEI wasn't in their database. Do you think the IMEI will be eventually added? Otherwise I will have to keep using the IMEI of my Nexus 7 3G just to get get a plan, which I plan on selling soon.

    I also stopped by an ATT store and asked them to convert my sim to LTE. They told that it wasn't needed and that any sim will pick up LTE in a covered area. Is there really an LTE specific sim card?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by admkrikt View Post
    Looks like I'll need to cancel my auto-renew and then activate my new LTE SIM with a new line of service with auto renew turned on. My HSPA 3 gig data plan is up Oct 3rd, so looks like I'll be waiting until that date to get LTE on my new N7, as I don't want to activate another line of service.
    I would agree that you would need to activate a new SIM to get LTE to work on your 2013 Nexus 7. The SIM card from your 2012 Nexus 7 wouldn't work because that version never had LTE. If you had inserted a SIM card from another Android tablet that had LTE, then it would probably work.
  19. #19  
    striders's Avatar

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    DAS BAMF 1.6.3 LeanKernel

    Default Re: Nexus 7 LTE works with at&t LTE !!!!

    Just got the N7 2013 LTE (August production date).


    I took the AT&T SIM card from my Galaxy S4 Active and put it in the N7 for testing purposes. The icon for the "signal" is there, but....no data, no internet...


    I went to Settings --> Wireless & networks --> Mobile Networks and did the following:


    1). Data Enabled --> CHECKED
    2). Access Point Names --> ATT Broadband CHECKED (I did not modify the APN, since I assume it's from the SIM card itself)


    I then trying to add a NEW APN with settings as follow:


    Name ATT
    APN wap.cingular
    Proxy blank
    Username blank
    Password blank
    Server blank
    MMSC ]http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy wirless.cingular.com
    MMS Port 80
    MCC 310
    MNC 012
    Authentication type not set
    APN Type internet + mms


    However, the moment I clicked on "Save", that new APN disappear. I just cannot add a new APN!


    What am I doing wrong?

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Time out not working
    By mannyvigi1985 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 12:37 PM
  2. Verizon LTE NOT supported on LTE Nexus 7
    By monofurioso in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 02:14 PM
  3. How to recover pictures from factory reset device with Andriod 4.2.1
    By journeyonline in forum ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 300
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 10:21 PM
  4. help with emojii on s4 active
    By luckee06 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 07:55 PM
  5. Deliberating which phone to get Galaxy S4, S4 mini or Nexus 4?
    By Darasimi Makinde in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

B