App to lock focus and exposure when videoing? Nexus 7 (2013)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Unless you are using a tripod and focused on a fixed object, I can't think of why anyone would want this. That may be why you have not found any apps yet. Not enough general interest.

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The reason being that the auto focus hunts back and forth, particularly when an object-car or person-crosses horizontally. Secondly, when you tilt up at a building and the sky comes into shot, the exposure reduces causing the buildings or foreground objects to become silhouettes. Finally, there are all sorts of creative possibilities which are restricted by the lack of these features.

If it's good enough for photo then it's good enough for video.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Not saying you don't have a good reason for it, just not sure a lot of other people have a need. Maybe find a couple of video apps you otherwise like and then email the developer and suggest some enhancements? Even offer to beta test? Can't hurt. :)

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I was going to ask a similar question - but about locking focus and exposure when taking a photo. I haven't really taken any "great" photos yet with my Nexus 7, as compared with my iPhone 5. Usually it's because of some interfering lighting.

On my iPhone I can long touch and it will focus/exposure lock. Then I can get the kind of nice exposure I want. But that doesn't seem to happen on my Nexus 7. Is there a way to do that?

Also, the photos seem much noisier than my iPhone 5, even though both front cameras are 5 megapixels. I guess the lens quality of the Nexus 7 isn't great?

Any thoughts?

doug

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Perfect Shot-V5 does what you need. I came across it when looking to solve my problem. The LITE (free) version is fully functional but only for images of about 2mp. The paid version allows larger resolutions. However it only works with photos.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Perfect Shot-V5 does what you need. I came across it when looking to solve my problem. The LITE (free) version is fully functional but only for images of about 2mp. The paid version allows larger resolutions. However it only works with photos.

I'll check it out. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
That rings a bell because I liked what I saw on the lite version so bought the full version. However on my first three attempts at using it, after taking a pic, the prog shut down. So I got a refund. I thought it was just a problem with me. However as many months have elapsed since you tried it, this suggests that it may still be a buggy app.
thwapq.jpg

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The reason being that the auto focus hunts back and forth, particularly when an object-car or person-crosses horizontally. Secondly, when you tilt up at a building and the sky comes into shot, the exposure reduces causing the buildings or foreground objects to become silhouettes. Finally, there are all sorts of creative possibilities which are restricted by the lack of these features.

If it's good enough for photo then it's good enough for video.

Yes, I want an exposure lock as well for the light background dark foreground issue too. I hate having to put my back to the sun or light source to get a clear photo subject.
One question - Does the rear cam. use the light sensor facing me to do exposure calculations? If so, how is that supposed to auto adjust for the subject if the sensor isn't looking at the subject?

Shine Wong

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
i'm waiting for the original system camera app can lock on focus and exposure when taking photos and videos in the new version android.
it'd better to lock focus and exposure on each single way.
most times, for a good picture,photographers don't set the focus points at the same place as the auto exposure measuring, both in still photos and videos. Especially when taking a video, most photographers don't change the exposure in one shote,.People want to feel the shadows and the highlight area naturelly,they want to see the actors walking through the sunshine as a normal lightness and darkness as a silhouette in one shoot.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae