app crashes at startup, then the icon just disappeared on the menu?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
however, the app itself is still in the tablet. is that normal? they are still on the app list, too.

i have had a few apps "disappear" like that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's never normal for an app to crash, but of course, they do from time to time. I've never seen the shortcut disappear from the homescreen after an app crash, but then again, I'm not that surprised that it could happen. Which app(s) are you talking about? Are you sure they're updated to the latest version? Were they installed from Google Play, Amazon Appstore, or downloaded as an .apk file from some random website?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
such as : "free app notifier" . when i power it on , i will get this app has stopped working something like that. every time.

i actually just installed something like amazon store .apk today. i think it is a legit app.

i bought this tablet for only 199 online. it has this problem, then once in a while, everything becomes silent. i wonder if i could have got a defective nexus 7?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mean Free App Notifier for Amazon? There are a few comments in the Reviews section in Google Play that mention crashes, apparently because of changes Amazon made to its web interface. Fortunately, the developer seems to be working on a fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12