Wireless charging not always working

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I place my Nexus on the Samsung wireless charger it works, other times it does not. It always seems to clear up after a reboot and start working again. It is starting to happen more frequently.

Any idea where to investigate rather than factory resetting? I am rooted, but with no custom anything. I only rooted to use TiBu and Trickster MOD.

sflxn

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with the Nokia charger before, but then I got the Energizer charger and have had no problems ever since. The charging coil has to be lined up just right, and these smaller chargers are really tricky to line up. The Energizer charger lines up and charges my Nexus 4 and 7 easily.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with the Samsung pad and ended up fixing it by getting a higher power power adapter to plug into the Samsung pad. It seemed that the standard samsung charger I was using didn't supply enough juice to wirelessly charge the tablet consistently. I haven't had an issue after switching to a 2.1A wall outlet and high quality usb charging cable.