Poetic Case....WOW

Joe Michael

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Poetic Slimline case for my new Nexus 7 and am really blown away by the quality, fit and function of it. Ordered on Amazon and for $12 and change, shipped, I can't believe the value. I've seen cases for two and three times as much that don't fit or function nearly as well as the Poetic. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a case for their 7.

bogeyx5

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I bought the Poetic case back when Amazon sold it for $6 and it was great. Earlier this month, Poetic sent me another revised version out of the blue which is maybe slickly better for free! I'm also very impressed.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I just received my Poetic Slimline case for my new Nexus 7 and am really blown away by the quality, fit and function of it. Ordered on Amazon and for $12 and change, shipped, I can't believe the value. I've seen cases for two and three times as much that don't fit or function nearly as well as the Poetic. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a case for their 7.

I think the Devicewear Ridge is better.

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Poetic case from Amazon...price is up since others have bought it. It has the new design w/ 2 magnets, instead of 3. Great cast so far.z

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This is a Folio Case - apples and oranges. The Poetic is a SlimLine Case. I like it because it adds almost zero bulk.

Yeah it is a bit bulky, but the hinge for the cover is attached to the middle of the backshell which allows it to have more stable and versatile stand options.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you had the Poetic case, or do you just have the Ridge & like it? I can't see liking having a strap on my case, personally.

It's better because I like it. :D
The strap is an improvement over the 1st gen N7 case. That one had plastic tabs to keep the cover closed that broke right away. On the new one the strap is thin and positioned in the perfect spot. It's hardly noticeable, but keeps the cover closed when you need it.

The only problem I can see is the back is a bit thick and doesn't fit around the speakers by the USB port very well.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It's better because I like it. :D
The strap is an improvement over the 1st gen N7 case. That one had plastic tabs to keep the cover closed that broke right away. On the new one the strap is thin and positioned in the perfect spot. It's hardly noticeable, but keeps the cover closed when you need it.

The only problem I can see is the back is a bit thick and doesn't fit around the speakers by the USB port very well.

I much prefer to just have magnets hold the lid closed. Simple, and they never get in the way.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I love it myself just was wondering if there is anyone out there who has removed the "poetic" label off of the front. No biggie if I cant, I would just prefer it without the branding cause I like the completely plain look instead. Don't want to ruin the finish though with removing it, so any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I love it myself just was wondering if there is anyone out there who has removed the "poetic" label off of the front. No biggie if I cant, I would just prefer it without the branding cause I like the completely plain look instead. Don't want to ruin the finish though with removing it, so any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated
I think putting a sticker over it is the best option if it bothers you. I don't think the embossing can be easily removed, although I wouldn't mind being wrong.

I generally like my Poetic Slimline but one of the 2 magnets popped out of the slot already, so I'm not sure how it will hold up over time. On the other hand, it was less than $15 shipped.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I think putting a sticker over it is the best option if it bothers you. I don't think the embossing can be easily removed, although I wouldn't mind being wrong.

I generally like my Poetic Slimline but one of the 2 magnets popped out of the slot already, so I'm not sure how it will hold up over time. On the other hand, it was less than $15 shipped.

Contact the seller - they're very good about honoring their warranty, which is 2 years IIRC.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I much prefer to just have magnets hold the lid closed. Simple, and they never get in the way.

I'll have to look more closely at the product info, but how can you use a magnet to keep the cover closed when the N7 is not made of ferrous (with iron) metal?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to look more closely at the product info, but how can you use a magnet to keep the cover closed when the N7 is not made of ferrous (with iron) metal?

The magnets and metal are built into the case.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're asking about the silver Poetic logo on the slimline case, the letters can be removed without damaging the case by gently prying with a fingernail. I discovered this somewhat accidentally. :D :D
(In my first reply, I was thinking about the embossed logo on the Poetic case for my original N7.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc