- 1 Posts
Nexus 7 wants to update itself all the time but fails
I recently got my hands on a Nexus 7 (2013 version, non-LTE) and I really enjoy it. It's running Android 4.3 (JWR66N).
However, ever since day 1, it insists on installing a 53.8 MB update to bring it up to version 4.3 (?). If I allow it to do that, it will reboot and try to update, but the robot guy will fall over after a few seconds, saying that there was an error. After I shut it down and boot it up again, everything works as usual with the version unchanged, and a few days later the same update shows up in my notification bar.
Now, I have tried numerous things, ranging from killing and clearing the Google Framework Services to a full factory reset, but the update just keeps on coming (and failing).
I am not sure how to proceed here. Should I try to manually flash the latest version? Or ignore it until 4.4 comes along?
Thanks in advance,
- 09-21-2013, 07:51 AM #2
- 09-21-2013, 11:22 AM #3
- 1,937 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 wants to update itself all the time but fails
If a factory reset didn't help it is time to return for another. That should not be happening.Pat
Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4
- By litteraturfrik in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 10Last Post: 11-27-2013, 03:12 PM
- By sasisai in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2013, 12:19 AM
- By 303kush in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 21Last Post: 09-25-2013, 03:14 PM
- By RavenSword in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 39Last Post: 09-24-2013, 02:53 AM
- By hatchex in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2013, 07:56 AM