- 09-21-2013, 12:55 PM #2
- 09-21-2013, 01:59 PM #4
- 72 Posts
Re: New Nexus 7 issues
Just got my Nexus LTE a couple of days ago. A month ago, I bought the Nexus 32Gig without LTE (which I'm now selling). I have not had ANY random reboots on either one. GPS locks within seconds on both (works perfect).
There are some touch problems on both, but in my opinion, it's pretty minor. Once in a while it doesn't recognize a touch. Which mean you have to tap again. But I have this same issue with my Motorola Xoom and my HTC EVO phone! So I'm not really sure if this is a problem with the Nexus. To me, this is just natural for a touchscreen...how once in a while it doesn't recognize a touch. Maybe some units are worse than others.
- 09-21-2013, 02:01 PM #5
- 1,018 Posts
Re: New Nexus 7 issues
The GPS issue has been fixed for most, possibly all users already. Touch problems may be fixed as well - an update was just released that addresses it, so we'll have to see if anyone is reporting any issues in a week or so. Most people aren't having the random reboot issue, and personally I'd exchange your device if you get one that does random reboots. I've had my N7 since the first day or two it was released. I've had zero random reboots. I had the GPS issue, but it was fixed with an earlier update. I might have had *slight* touch responsiveness issues since the last update, but they should be fixed with the update installed this morning.
These issues would be the same across all 3 models (16g, 32g, LTE), so if you're worried about these things, I'd just be ready to check the device out thoroughly when you first get it so you can exchange it if needed.Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
Phone: Droid MAXX
Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
- By aloralors in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 09-28-2013, 01:10 AM
- By fivefwdgears in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 09-23-2013, 07:42 PM
- By jon4 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-21-2013, 01:05 PM
- By jong0906 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2013, 01:00 PM
- By MManny in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2013, 11:22 AM