Forced Nexus 7 to update to JSS15R. Netflix now works

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Shooting out an FYI for anyone like me who recently got the Nexus 7 and Netflix coughed up the "15001" connection error. I was not getting the new update pushed to me, here's how I forced it.

Settings > apps > all apps
Google Services Framework > clear cache then data (this may or not be necessary)
then
Google Play Services > Clear Cache
then
Settings > About Tablet > System Updates > Check now.

It finally alerted me to the 58mb JSS15R update. After it installed Netflix now works like a charm.

If this works for you, feel free to share my G+ post on the subject. See profile above. I guess they remove the G+ profile links.

theswede

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Shooting out an FYI for anyone like me who recently got the Nexus 7 and Netflix coughed up the "15001" connection error. I was not getting the new update pushed to me, here's how I forced it.

Google Services Framework > clear cache then data (this may or not be necessary)
then
then

It finally alerted me to the 58mb JSS15R update. After it installed Netflix now works like a charm.

If this works for you, feel free to share my G+ post on the subject. See profile above. I guess they remove the G+ profile links.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

then
then

Worked for me... Thanks!

J

todwest

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Tried this a bunch of times. But my build remains stuck on JWR66N. I cannot get it to update to JSS15R, even though the OS has updated to 4.3. Getting ready to return this thing for a refund. No point in owning a tablet if I can't ever watch Netflix. I might was well buy a Kindle Paperwhite.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Tried this a bunch of times. But my build remains stuck on JWR66N. I cannot get it to update to JSS15R, even though the OS has updated to 4.3. Getting ready to return this thing for a refund. No point in owning a tablet if I can't ever watch Netflix. I might was well buy a Kindle Paperwhite.

4.4 update is coming any time. Unless you're right at the end of the return period, I would hold on & see if you can just skip the JSS15R and go right to 4.4, which will surely contain all the previous fixes/updates.

rocking23nf

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

im in the same boat, just got mine yesterday, I won mine in a kitkat contest so I cant complain too much, but Netflix was the main reason I wanted a tablet, so Im going to sell this one if it isn't fixed soon.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Didn't know this was such a big issue with the 2013 Nexus 7. I've had the same issue too since I got it, I don't use netflix to view anything on the tablet to be honest. But, I do use it all the time to cast it to my TV. Being able to do this with the tablet would be helpful.

Michael Higgins

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
This is just ridiculous. Am already on JSS15R but still getting the error. Have tried most fixes suggested. Can't believe this has been allowed to go on so long. 4.4 better fix it!

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
How easy do you think it could possibly be to fix when there are also many people not having problems? Inconsistent bugs can be very hard to find the true root cause. I'm. It convinced the problem is not in the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12