Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BSG75
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Forced Nexus 7 to update to JSS15R. Netflix now works

Shooting out an FYI for anyone like me who recently got the Nexus 7 and Netflix coughed up the "15001" connection error. I was not getting the new update pushed to me, here's how I forced it.

Settings > apps > all apps
    Google Services Framework > clear cache then data (this may or not be necessary)
    then
    Google Play Services > Clear Cache
    then
    Settings > About Tablet > System Updates > Check now.

It finally alerted me to the 58mb JSS15R update. After it installed Netflix now works like a charm.

If this works for you, feel free to share my G+ post on the subject. See profile above. I guess they remove the G+ profile links.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    Perfect Screen Shot Ad Free (App)
    Perfect Screen Shot (App)
    Thanked by 2:
    303kush likes this.

Default Re: Forced Nexus 7 to update to JSS15R. Netflix now works

Did not work for me...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Thanks dude this actually worked.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by BSG75 View Post
    Shooting out an FYI for anyone like me who recently got the Nexus 7 and Netflix coughed up the "15001" connection error. I was not getting the new update pushed to me, here's how I forced it.

Google Services Framework > clear cache then data (this may or not be necessary)
    then
    then

It finally alerted me to the 58mb JSS15R update. After it installed Netflix now works like a charm.

If this works for you, feel free to share my G+ post on the subject. See profile above. I guess they remove the G+ profile links.

Thanks that worked... Thanks for sharing your experience over here.

Quote Originally Posted by BSG75 View Post

then
    then

Worked for me... Thanks!

J

And, I forgot to mention, Netflix is working.. So far... Without any issues!

J

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Tried this a bunch of times. But my build remains stuck on JWR66N. I cannot get it to update to JSS15R, even though the OS has updated to 4.3. Getting ready to return this thing for a refund. No point in owning a tablet if I can't ever watch Netflix. I might was well buy a Kindle Paperwhite.

Quote Originally Posted by todwest View Post
    Tried this a bunch of times. But my build remains stuck on JWR66N. I cannot get it to update to JSS15R, even though the OS has updated to 4.3. Getting ready to return this thing for a refund. No point in owning a tablet if I can't ever watch Netflix. I might was well buy a Kindle Paperwhite.
    4.4 update is coming any time. Unless you're right at the end of the return period, I would hold on & see if you can just skip the JSS15R and go right to 4.4, which will surely contain all the previous fixes/updates.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Quote Originally Posted by todwest View Post
    im in the same boat, just got mine yesterday, I won mine in a kitkat contest so I cant complain too much, but Netflix was the main reason I wanted a tablet, so Im going to sell this one if it isn't fixed soon.

ROM
    CM 9.1

Didn't know this was such a big issue with the 2013 Nexus 7. I've had the same issue too since I got it, I don't use netflix to view anything on the tablet to be honest. But, I do use it all the time to cast it to my TV. Being able to do this with the tablet would be helpful.

This is just ridiculous. Am already on JSS15R but still getting the error. Have tried most fixes suggested. Can't believe this has been allowed to go on so long. 4.4 better fix it!

ROM
    CM 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Higgins View Post
    This is just ridiculous. Am already on JSS15R but still getting the error. Have tried most fixes suggested. Can't believe this has been allowed to go on so long. 4.4 better fix it!
    On 4.4, can confirm. Netflix does work on kit-kat!

How easy do you think it could possibly be to fix when there are also many people not having problems? Inconsistent bugs can be very hard to find the true root cause. I'm. It convinced the problem is not in the app.

Do I need to try this method more than once?? Tried this onve and still stuck with 4.3 on my Nexus 10..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app