Nexus 7 LTE and Skype?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Other than the awkwardness of putting it up to your mouth/ear, has anyone tried Skype or any of the other VOIP type calling apps?
How are the microphones on this and do the apps seem to run fairly well?

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Other than the awkwardness of putting it up to your mouth/ear, has anyone tried Skype or any of the other VOIP type calling apps?
How are the microphones on this and do the apps seem to run fairly well?

I have used it on Skype and Tango, works quite well for audio part. I dont have to bring it too close to my mouth or ear. The concern I see using Skype is - my video window is very small and it is zoomed too much, causing some issues. I am not sure how to tackle this. I did search on this issue and notice that there are quite a few facing this issue with nexus 7 - 2013 model.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I did a Skype voice conference call the other day on my Nexus 7, and it was great! Beautiful sound quality from the device speakers and microphone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I doubt you'd need to bring it up to your ear. There is no earpiece on the front like a phone has, just the speakers in the back. If you need privacy then plug in a headset with a mic.

I have also experienced the zoomed in effect as well. A little annoying but for a tablet even having a camera was good enough for me.

Posted via Android Central App

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I doubt you'd need to bring it up to your ear. There is no earpiece on the front like a phone has, just the speakers in the back. If you need privacy then plug in a headset with a mic.

I have also experienced the zoomed in effect as well. A little annoying but for a tablet even having a camera was good enough for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Been using Skype quite a bit, but do get interference and am wondering what headsets people have used for privacy.

I have seen some that plug directly into the headphone jack.

Retro Phone 3 5mm Handset for Skype MSN iPhone Smartphone Laptop Blue Color | eBay

And others that use a standard USB connection, in which case, I would use an adapter to connect to my Nexus 7.

Any opinions?

Marthadm

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have tried several headphones and found no one that works on Skype or Magic Jack with my Nexus 7. It's the mic that doesn't work. If somebody has or knows which headphones work I would appreciate, greatly, if they let me know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX