1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Nexus 7 problems

hey, I plan to buy a nexus 7 in the next few days. I heard the nexus is a great device but I looked at the reviews in amazon and I saw the most of it is bad.
    They tell on alot of bugs and problems, there is anything that I should know before i buy it? it's not a great device after all?
    Can you guys tell me if you also having a problems with the nexus?

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Nexus 7 problems

I had 2 Nexus 7s. One in August and One this month. Neither one of them had any problems. I didn't keep them because I wanted something larger but there were no problems with either unit. It's a good tablet.

from my Sony XTZ
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

Great tablet, but unexpectedly crashes and reboots every couple of weeks. Tolerable, but an annoyance. Waiting to see if KitKat (or a factory reset) fixes this.
    Thanked by:

Got mine July 26th and am on it about 8 hours every day. Mine is totally problem free.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) via the Android Central App.
    Thanked by:

I had GPS issues early on, but they fixed that in an update. Flawless and excellent device now. Keep in mind when reading reviews that people are FAR more likely to leave a review if they have a problem than if their device works as expected, so problems appear inflated. I don't think most people are having issues, they're just enjoying their devices and not leaving reviews.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
    Thanked by:
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

I've had horrible touchscreen issues since the update that supposedly fixed touchscreen issues on two serperate Nexus 7's even the newest update didn't help at all hoping they fix this or mine will be going to Craigslist.

Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

I have not had any problems. Joshua, what kind of touchscreen issues have you experienced?

doug
    Thanked by:

Had touchscreen and Netflix issues with my N7. Both have been fixed with each update.

J

Since JSS15Q, I've had no problems. Prior to the update though, the GPS was buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.worth View Post
    I've had horrible touchscreen issues since the update that supposedly fixed touchscreen issues on two serperate Nexus 7's even the newest update didn't help at all hoping they fix this or mine will be going to Craigslist.

Nexus 4
    Have you done factory reset since the updates? My GPS issues weren't initially fixed by the update that addressed the GPS issues, but a factory reset took care of it, and it's been perfect since.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Default Re: Nexus 7 microphone

I bought the Nexus 7 second generation from Amazon 2 weeks ago and unless you shout at the device the microphone doesn't pick up!! please can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by kay44je View Post
    I bought the Nexus 7 second generation from Amazon 2 weeks ago and unless you shout at the device the microphone doesn't pick up!! please can you help?
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about any time you speak into the mic, or only specific situations, like saying, "OK Google"?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Send it back, shouldn't be like that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

when I speak in to the google seach engine, it doesn't work, skype no-one can hear me and I installed a voice recording app, it worked but my voice was so quiet i could hardly hear it..Please help ???

Probably a hardware defect withbthe mic itself, good thing is if you bought it from amazon just send it back for a replacement. Amazon is great with returns.They even pay shipping, you just print out the label to tape on the box, and can even schedule a ups pick up at your house right from then website.

thank you brosko, I have requested return and posted back as in Jersey they don't have a collection facility (they will refund the postage too) Another is dispatching now, excellent service from Amazon. I just hope the replacement doesn't have the same defect
    Thanks once again

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, jrisch I have done !!

I've had my nexus 7 (2012) edition since around the time they came out and had no problems whatsoever , I've rooted it and flashed different ROMs had it stuck in bootloops a few times through messing with the os and its still going strong...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I have a 2012 that has been flawless and a new 2013 that so far has zero issues.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
    I have a 2012 that has been flawless and a new 2013 that so far has zero issues.

Consider yourself a very lucky man!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Obviously, on a forum like this you're bound to get a disproportionate number of messages from people who have had problems. My N7 2013 is working beautifully and none of my friends with N7s, 5 of them, have complaints.

Thanked by:
    brosko 

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    There are now four in our family all working with no problems. Maybe it's more than just luck. Maybe it's well designed hardware and software with the occasional lemon as with any mass produced product.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    brosko 

Quote Originally Posted by jrisch View Post
    Obviously, on a forum like this you're bound to get a disproportionate number of messages from people who have had problems. My N7 2013 is working beautifully and none of my friends with N7s, 5 of them, have complaints.

Also, obviously on a forum, like say, a samsung forum, you are bound to get a disproportionate number of people who have had problems with that particular device as compared to those that are there just to praise the device. Makes perfect sense, that's what forums are for, right? Of course.

The problem is that when comparing a nexus 7 forum to a forum for another device, (lets say, samsung again for example) on the nexus forum there is a seemingly higher percentage of total posts on the forum that pertain to defects in the device.

In other words it seems like almost 1/4 of all posts on any given nexus 7 forum are complaining about a defect, whereas on the majority of other device forums the thread about a defective device/problem seem to be fewer and further between. Or so it seems, but
    maybe I'm wrong?

btw I love my nexus 7!