Camera Discoloration in the middle

erwinlit

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
So as I titled, my camera for some reason has a bluish color in the middle and a pinkish colors on the edge if concentrated at a white scene. It is noticeable in colored pictures but not as much.

Is this normal??

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Be sure that there is no fingerprint oil on the lens cover. Wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) via the Android Central App.

erwinlit

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok I guess ama just return it to newegg. Can i ask if you can test it? picture a a paper or a white wall. It happens on both low light and and well lit room.

EDIT:

I just tested it in a well lit place, it does not get the bluish color, but a semi lit place and picturing it, it starts again. I tried comparing it with my HTC One X+ and that doesn't do it.

erwinlit

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I see, thank you for taking the time to help me out. May I ask, how is the lighting on this one. It looks like it has enough light.

Yeah, just tested it again, this time with the lamp directly above the nexus 7 so the subject is has a lot of light, and this is what came up

t6h2.jpg

h5gy.jpg

l1d3.jpg

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
As a test, I just took this picture. It is a sheet of white labels, taken outside - but it's cloudy out. If you take a photo under neon lights you could get artifacts from that.

Anyway, I am not seeing the blue-ish areas you are. I would try pictures under different lighting conditions.

IMG_20130926_151302.jpg

erwinlit

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh thank you so much, yeah i think mine has a defective glass. I think what i am seeing is the glass polarization which is distorting the color. I have tried different ones, I tried it with White light and yellow light. They all have the same effect. For the yellow light, it is just dark spots, and not bluish color.

Thank you very much for that example. It really shows that my Nexus 7 is indeed defective!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I see, thank you for taking the time to help me out. May I ask, how is the lighting on this one. It looks like it has enough light.

The deer statue was photographed under large skylights and it was a bright sunshine day with blue skies. This would probably account for the slight blue tinge. I thought it was white until I saw it against a white background. Ever notice that when you photograph snow on a bright sunny day it always looks blue? It is reflecting the blue sky. A photo can only be reflected light.

Nexus 7 (2013)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad