1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mightytext or Tablet Talk or?

which is best and why?

Default Re: Mightytext or Tablet Talk or?

I prefer mightytext because it uploads texts to a server and it is handled by their servers instead of relying on a direct connection between your devices. With mightytext, I can also send and receive texts on my computer with a chrome plugin. imo, there simply isn't a comparison.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I'm leaning towards mightytext and it doesn't hurt that it's a free app.

I tried TabletTalk before MightyText released their tablet. It has the option to connect via Bluetooth or Wifi. I couldn't get one of them to work (I can't remember which one). Once MightyText came out with the tablet app, I switched to that and never looked back. I really like it. I use it all day at work as my sons/husband text me, and I can answer thru Chrome rather than my phone. I use it at home when I get texts without having to pick up the phone (which invariably is in another room!).

Added to that, it can back up photos, too.

Mighty text! I have it linked with my gs4 and nexus 7(2013) it works perfect. Get notifications on both devices.

Posted via Android Central App

Not that I'm particularly happy or unhappy with my carrier knowing what I text people, but what are people's thoughts about an additional 3rd party having access to them? I admit I haven't researched if mighty text stores them on a server, but I'm assuming they do. My texts aren't particularly interesting, but thoughts about security risks?

Quote Originally Posted by FitzAusTex View Post
    Not that I'm particularly happy or unhappy with my carrier knowing what I text people, but what are people's thoughts about an additional 3rd party having access to them? I admit I haven't researched if mighty text stores them on a server, but I'm assuming they do. My texts aren't particularly interesting, but thoughts about security risks?

I have nothing to hide within my texts. When you register for a service like this, I think it comes with knowing your texts may not be private, however it's not like they will be shared with the world.

Back on topic, I use Mighty Text since it works with a browser extension for Chrome. The only issue I have is I get this frozen screen sometimes and a Mighty Text has stopped responding prompt sometimes.

Other than that, it works great.

yeah, there are certainly security risks associated with any third party app that reads you email, SMS, contacts, etc. It's not like I'm sending my SSN or bank account info through SMS, so I'm not too concerned. I really don't care if some guy can see me sexting my wife

I get contact syncing problems w/MT. I don't use my Google acct to manage contacts, although that shouldn't matter. MT seems to use old contact info or doesn't recognize changes immediately. Refreshing contact info in the app doesn't seem to work as expected.

I've noticed with MightyText that it sometimes comes to my nexus 7 just a few seconds before it comes to my phone that is sitting right beside it!! Good app!... Great tablet and I thought my HTC EVO 4g LTE was pretty awesome too. Now thinking I may need to get the next Nexus phone on my next upgrade. Any thoughts? Off topic, I know.

ROM
    Stock

I'm a big fan of Mighty Text. Been using it for a while now on my Nexus 7 OG with my Galaxy Nexus and now on my S4 and N7 2013.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

Well I never heard of mighty text before this post, but I am using tablet talk and I have had no problems with it. It works every time and is simple to use. The texts aren't stored on a server so it is a little more private if you are worried about that.

Twitter= MobilePowerUp

I use MightyText. Occasionally, i will have a message show up in Chrome but not on my phone. Weird. Other than that, it's worked out great.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

How does Mighty Text handle being offline? My University has routers in every building but walking in between I loose signal and that causes sync issues with some apps. Our student union also doesn't have great wifi so I initially preferred Tablet Talk because I could just leave bluetooth on and messages would always sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylealanr View Post
    How does Mighty Text handle being offline? My University has routers in every building but walking in between I loose signal and that causes sync issues with some apps. Our student union also doesn't have great wifi so I initially preferred Tablet Talk because I could just leave bluetooth on and messages would always sync.
    For me, I have the same issue at my university, except we need to sign in with our account at each WiFi access point. It just delivers all the messages once your connection is restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylealanr View Post
    It will sync when you regain connection. I haven't had problems with this at all when driving between work and school and not having internet between them.

I personally think they both stink, mightytext takes forever to load and my messages dont always get sent,tablet talk i get connected with wifi and it just keeps disconnecting on me,not happy with them

I had a problem with MightyText syncing, so I uninstalled on both devices and reinstalled and I haven't had problems since.

I just want Hangouts to have SMS integration and, assuming it is done right, neither app will be necessary.

ROM
    STOCK

I only use tablet talk. I've tried MightyText but I did not like the terms of service. It's more helpful to me since I can connect via bluetooth or wifi. It has never failed me yet.