Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do I have a defective unit?

I just got my Nexus 7 (2013) 2 days ago and I have no problems with it except it drains the battery crazy fast.
    I didn't install any apps on it, fully charged it and left it on standby mode for 10 hours then when I used the tablet again I only had 80%.
    I leave the brightness around 30%, When watching a 30 minute youtube video I lost around 7-10% of battery and when I was using Google Chrome for 15mins I lost 4% of battery. I didn't use the tablet much since its been only 2 days but that battery drainage doesn't look normal to me. I have a S4 and I only lose about 5% for an hour of youtube.

I will update you if I see any difference when I use the more.

Default Re: Do I have a defective unit?

This seems kinda common with this device. The standby time is amazing but once being used a lot it drains pretty quick, I read and seem other reviews saying the same thing

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Android_1234 View Post
    I just got my Nexus 7 (2013) 2 days ago and I have no problems with it except it drains the battery crazy fast.
    I didn't install any apps on it, fully charged it and left it on standby mode for 10 hours then when I used the tablet again I only had 80%.
    I leave the brightness around 30%, When watching a 30 minute youtube video I lost around 7-10% of battery and when I was using Google Chrome for 15mins I lost 4% of battery. I didn't use the tablet much since its been only 2 days but that battery drainage doesn't look normal to me. I have a S4 and I only lose about 5% for an hour of youtube.

I will update you if I see any difference when I use the more.
    I would be confident in saying the battery life will improve after a few cycles.
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013

Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post
    This seems kinda common with this device. The standby time is amazing but once being used a lot it drains pretty quick, I read and seem other reviews saying the same thing

Posted via Android Central App
    Not here. Brightness has a huge impact, though.

Give it a few cycles to see if the performance improves. Did it drop from fully charged to 80% when you took it off of standby? The display is usually the number one thing that drains your battery, so it's quite normal for a tablet to drain a little bit quicker than a phone.