Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Default Re: iPad 3 to Nexus 7 2013

Guys, will this 1TB Seagate Wireless Plus work? I've read about it and it seems that it does work with Android devices but I just want to be extra sure about it.

Wireless Hard Drive, iPad Hard Drive | Seagate

Quote Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
    Guys, will this 1TB Seagate Wireless Plus work? I've read about it and it seems that it does work with Android devices but I just want to be extra sure about it.

Wireless Hard Drive, iPad Hard Drive | Seagate
    Yes, that's the model I'm using. The BS player app works well with the Nexus 7 for more than just mp4 media, but overall the Seagate streams*media really well to the nexus whether you're using the Seagate app or a third party app like BS player.
    Thanked by:
    Gazella likes this.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    My 2012 N7 works with my 2 Western Digital Passport 500GB drives (used individually) without the need for external power. However, my 1TB Passport draws too much power and doesn't work with the N7.

addendum: I prefer using 64GB thumb drives due to size.
    Followup - just got my 2013 and tested it with the same WD drives - they don't work with the 2013 version. I can say that my 500GB Seagate wireless does work so it is a good option.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Bought a 32gb nexus 7 2nd gen mainly for watching YouTube videos and uploading music on it as my music player so my phone is always charged for other things like GPS. No regrets what so ever. Get the 32gb its just a few more bucks.

Nexus 7 2nd Gen
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    FTW

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    Followup - just got my 2013 and tested it with the same WD drives - they don't work with the 2013 version.
    Hm. I wonder why that is. You'd think it would be the opposite, since the 2013 is more powerful.

Actually, I never even knew that HD worked on the 2012 Nexus. Although it's probably best that I didn't, because I have that HD, and I would've been really upset when I upgraded to the 2013, to no longer have that ability.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vmurph View Post
    Hm. I wonder why that is. You'd think it would be the opposite, since the 2013 is more powerful.

Actually, I never even knew that HD worked on the 2012 Nexus. Although it's probably best that I didn't, because I have that HD, and I would've been really upset when I upgraded to the 2013, to no longer have that ability.
    I tried both of my 500GB drives with different OTG cables, all without success on the 2013. Thumb drives work great. Apparently, the 2013 model has different power support at the USB port. Since the 1TB version of the same WD Passport model didn't work with the 2012, my guess is that the 500GB drives may have been on the hairy edge of not working too.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Now I've got my eyes set on the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, many great Android tablets in the market and even more coming. Decisions, decisions. I was so close to pre-ordering the N10.1 14 but I thought I'd wait till Google's announcement hopefully this month concerning their new Nexus tablet and then decide if I should get the Note 10.1 or the Nexus 10.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Hah. I did iPhone 5 to moto x and iPad 3 to Nexus 7 Flo. Honestly best move... 32GB is more then enough for me but that really is a trivial question.
    I use google music 10K songs uploaded there and don't really play games

I own a Nexus 4. And really want to get a tablet. Just not sure I can justify spending the money on a Nexus 7. No idea what to do.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karrott9 View Post
    I own a Nexus 4. And really want to get a tablet. Just not sure I can justify spending the money on a Nexus 7. No idea what to do.

Based on the many reviews I've read as well as the posts here from users who own it, the Nexus 7 seems like a really excellent choice for a tablet. And if you want a bigger tablet, the Nexus 10 which just went on sale is also a good choice, there'll be a newer model coming out soon. So yes, a lot of great variety which is why I'm starting to move away from Apple.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Phandroid voted the new nexus 7 2013 the best android tablet so far this year. The better resolution, almost double that of the Tab 8, is a no brainer for me anyway. I think it's also much better than the iPad 3 if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
    Based on the many reviews I've read as well as the posts here from users who own it, the Nexus 7 seems like a really excellent choice for a tablet. And if you want a bigger tablet, the Nexus 10 which just went on sale is also a good choice, there'll be a newer model coming out soon. So yes, a lot of great variety which is why I'm starting to move away from Apple.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    My problem is that I'm not sure if it would really compliment my Nexus 4 or if it would be stupid to have something a couple inches bigger. I know I do not want a nexus 10, too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrott9 View Post
    My problem is that I'm not sure if it would really compliment my Nexus 4 or if it would be stupid to have something a couple inches bigger. I know I do not want a nexus 10, too big.

I have a Nexus 4 and the Nexus 7 and they compliment each other really well. Yeah, it is just a few inches bigger, but it certainly makes a difference. I hardly ever use my phone when I am at home or at work because the 7 inch screen is great for reading, surfing, and playing games.
    Gazella likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diknak View Post
    I have a Nexus 4 and the Nexus 7 and they compliment each other really well. Yeah, it is just a few inches bigger, but it certainly makes a difference. I hardly ever use my phone when I am at home or at work because the 7 inch screen is great for reading, surfing, and playing games.
    That's good to hear. Will probably pick one up in November.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123