- 15 Posts
I've been experiencing this odd phenomena every once in a while where, upon restarting after a crash ( which has only happened twice btw ), I lose all the widgets on my home screens and I need to place them all back in, every single one. Is this a common problem? My phone has never done this so I was inclined to discount user error in this case.
Any help or input is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted via Android Central App
- 10-01-2013, 06:39 PM #2
Re: Losing Widgets
Are you unrooted and not running any 3rd party launchers? When it crashes, does it tell you what app failed?
Try clearing the system cache partition (temporary data only, no important data will be lost). These are the instructions for the 2012 N7, but I think they still apply for 2013:
- If your tablet is on, power it off.
- Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
- Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
- Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
- You will now see the Recovery Menu. Use the Volume buttons to highlight "Wipe cache partition," and press the Power button to execute.
- After the wipe is done, highlight "Reboot system now," and execute.
- By Hyunato in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 10Last Post: 12-03-2013, 12:23 PM
- By howdidoo in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 25Last Post: 11-06-2013, 09:45 AM
- By jsoni413 in forum Pure WidgetsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2013, 01:22 PM
- By scottgoodhill in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 10-01-2013, 07:05 AM
- By sudbury78 in forum LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2013, 04:53 AM