Hi everyone,

I have decided to bite the bullet and exchange my 32GB WIFI Nexus 7 for the LTE one. The thing is, I have my current Nexus home screens, apps, etc. set up exactly as I want them. I know that on the iPad, I would just sync to iTunes, but I am not sure how to do this on Android, and I am looking for a bit of help. How is this done? DoubleTwist? Something else? Also, if it is possible to sync to a computer, I'm using a Macbook Pro.

Thanks everyone for your help.
    10-02-2013 08:47 AM
    Hello and welcome to AC.

There is a few options to do this.

1st, make sure all your contacts & calendars are synced to your Gmail/Google Account via Settings/

2nd, Make sure you have under Settings/Backup & Restore options SELECTED.

3rd, You can also download a program for free called Helium which will backup your apps/data to your device or Cloud services to restore back to the new device.

4th, If your using a 3rd party launcher like Nova, Action, etc most of these have the option to backup your Homescreen setup and other launcher related settings.
    thischarmingman likes this.
    10-02-2013 09:40 AM
    You are wonderful. Thanks!
    10-02-2013 09:54 AM
    If you use Apex or Nova to back up your home screen settings, etc., remember to drag/move the files to a pc or other storage device before resetting/returning your current nexus. (don't forget to evaluate that you've actually moved everything valuable, even if you apps like Helium).

Posted via Android Central App
    10-02-2013 10:03 AM
    Hi everyone,

I have decided to bite the bullet and exchange my 32GB WIFI Nexus 7 for the LTE one. The thing is, I have my current Nexus home screens, apps, etc. set up exactly as I want them. I know that on the iPad, I would just sync to iTunes, but I am not sure how to do this on Android, and I am looking for a bit of help. How is this done? DoubleTwist? Something else? Also, if it is possible to sync to a computer, I'm using a Macbook Pro.

Thanks everyone for your help.
    I think half the fun of the N7 is setting up the device the way you want it.
    If you set up the new device from a blank OS, it would force you to rethink all the previous 'tech' decisions.
    You might learn something new about yourself by the time you're done.
    10-02-2013 12:41 PM