Who set the PIN? I didn't.

SpaceCop

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Nexus 7 (2013) about a week. No issues until yesterday. I powered it up and then a telephone key
pad shows up and I need to enter the PIN to get access. The issue is I never selected a PIN during setup.
I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out how to get past it. No joy.
Sure looking for advice.

SpaceCop
Houston, TX

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello and welcome to AC.

Unless you know the pin or the person who set it up the only way to get past this is thru a factory reset.

This isn't an option that is done by accident usually taking a few clicks to activate along with entering a pin #. So someone must have had the device for a minute to activate the pin security.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Is this the pin for the screen lock?
If so you'd try this to get past it: Type in random pins for several times until pops up an asking for your Google account's password.
I think you'll need for this a data connection.

Last edited:

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
It would be really hard to accidentally set a PIN for the security, as there would be multiple prompts, as well as a confirmation before it is set. However, you can recover using your Google account. Like Adamsberg said, just keep entering in the wrong PIN until it prompts you for your Google information. You most likely set up the tablet using a Google account so that would be the only way - short of wiping the entire tablet and losing everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool