- 1 Posts
Google Nexus 7 Bricked by System Update Process ?
I Received my new Nexus 7 yesterday.
Today I was notified an System update (4.3) had been downloaded and was ready to install.
I Pressed the install button.
I Confirmed "Reboot and Install?" when asked.
I Came back hours later and screen displayed a Four-Color graphical X, with a colorful dynamic "electron cloud"
That's all I get! If I turn device off and on again, I still get the X.
If I wait for hours, the X persists.
The X persists no matter what pattern of screen touches I try.
If I shake the device the X persists.
No other response do I see.
Is there some way to recover functionality or
is my Brand New Nexus 7 Bricked?
- 10-03-2013, 01:46 PM #2
Re: Google Nexus 7 Bricked by System Update Process ?
Welcome to Android Central! That sure sounds annoying. See if you can wipe the system cache partition doing the following:
- If your tablet is on, power it off.
- Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
- Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
- Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
- In the Recovery Menu, select "Wipe Cache Partition" by using the Volume buttons to highlight and Power to execute.
- When done, highlight "Reboot System Now" and execute.
- 10-03-2013, 01:46 PM #3
- By coachpelkey in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 10-12-2013, 09:02 AM
- By LG G2 Cellphone in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2013, 11:23 PM
- By itic in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 4Last Post: 10-03-2013, 07:04 PM