"farm story" app uses 40% of battery?!

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If its an interactive game they use a lot of power processing information, graphics etc.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Actively playing games will eat up battery pretty quickly, and some games will run some processes in the background, which will also eat up battery. I don't have any personal experience with that particular app to compare battery usage, but the first thing I'm wondering is - how much time did you spend actively playing the game, and how far was the battery run down when it was at 40% usage? Because if the battery went from 100% to 90%, and 40% of that was this app, that's pretty easy to do playing for a little while. If you played it ten minutes and the battery went from 100% to 20%, and 40% of that usage was this app, that seems pretty bad, and suggests there is an issue with the app. (Which would then beg the question whether it's a bug, or whether the app is doing questionable things in the background.)

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
oh. no. i meant to say that according to the battery status, farm story was consuming 40% of the total energy.

as for right now, i am looking at it, it is consuming 30% in the background even though i am not even playing it.

are those kind of apps bad for the battery? i was only curious when i started to play with this app.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Apparently there's something about that app that's running background processes even when you're not playing it. Keep in mind that some companies that make games do so mainly to do data mining for marketing, so it could be monitoring & gathering info about everything you do with your tablet. I would check the permissions given to the app, and consider whether the game is really worth it.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
it is using 38% now. and this tablet used to get really hot around the camera area, but today it wasn't as hot as before. so strange.

i just checked: it can "read phone status and identity", "modify and delete contents of your usb storage". which don't seem to have anything to do with this game app at all?