new launcher

IanHsci

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Treated myself to the new nexus to replace my much-loved galaxy tab, and so far it's great. The only issue is that I can't see any way to customise the look by changing icons, removing labels and so on. Is there a way to do this without a new launcher?

If not, is Apex the way to go? I was running LauncherPro but that was when I was limited to android 2.2. It looks like Apex offers lots of tweaks to streamline the look of my home screen, and perhaps add a lock screen image. I'm just surprised there's no way to do this without adding a new launcher.

Thanks in advance...

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Treated myself to the new nexus to replace my much-loved galaxy tab, and so far it's great. The only issue is that I can't see any way to customise the look by changing icons, removing labels and so on. Is there a way to do this without a new launcher?

If not, is Apex the way to go? I was running LauncherPro but that was when I was limited to android 2.2. It looks like Apex offers lots of tweaks to streamline the look of my home screen, and perhaps add a lock screen image. I'm just surprised there's no way to do this without adding a new launcher.

Thanks in advance...

I use Apex on my Galaxy 7 plus and Note 2...do not much care for Touchwiz. Also use on Asus Tf300 for much the same reason you are not able to customize your Nexus.
I just love the options and how smooth Apex runs. Also have used Nova, ADW and others, but always return to
Apex.
How are you liking the Nexus? I just can't seem to live without the external sd storage.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova Prime on both my Galaxy S3 (running CM 10.1.3) and on my Nexus 7 (stock). I love the level of customization that's available compared to the stock launcher. And it just builds off what the stock launcher already accomplishes so no bloat, pure functionality with some bonuses. Doubt I will ever go back to TouchWiz.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's funny I have always immediately switched to another launcher on any of my Samsung toys. I don't think I've ever spent more than 4-5 minutes, if that, with the TouchWiz launcher. There's just so many more feature-rich choices.

S IV

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I've dabbled with just about every launcher and IMO Nova Prime is the best launcher hands down.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've dabbled with just about every launcher and IMO Nova Prime is the best launcher hands down.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

Hands up over here for Adw ex launcher lol. Seriously though they're both nice

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

vmurph

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
+1 Nova! Nova and Apex are very close, but I think Apex limits the number of apps you can put on the dock, doesn't it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress