How Can I watch Movies from my Nexus 7 to my TV? Can I even do that?

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
How Can I watch Movies from my Nexus 7 to my TV? Can I even do that?

Can I connect Via Usb to my TV? or what

Thanks

smakena

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Atiya!
Isn't it a coincidence that I was looking through the electronics section on Amazon.com and found what is very likely the product your looking for. Now I don't know what the policy is for providing links so I'll give you the long route. Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player. Do a search for it on Amazon. I believe it may be what you're looking for. If it is, you're welcome :)

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
With the chrome cast you can't stream videos stored on your device? at least not yet. You can stream stuff from Google play movies and music, YouTube, Netflix, and just added Hulu plus.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Your choice depends upon your needs and budget. Here are a few options.

• Chromecast lets your phone/tablet act as a remote control. The Chromecast unit pulls down the video from the source, not from the tablet/phone.
  • Miracast is another option where what is on the tablet, phone, or computer screen is mirrored to the TV. Miracast requires a Miracast receiver for your TV and has a number of restrictions.
  • Another option is forget the tablet or phone all together and attach an dedicated Android computer on your TV. This will let you use a remote control to run the computer and allow you can browse the web, play video content from any Android app, Skype, text, chat, etc. There are a number of Android sticks (they look like the Chromecast) that will plug into your TV's HDMI port and several set top boxes. I use the Minix X7 set top box and a wireless Logitech K400 keyboard. It works great, is rooted, and running a custom kernel. The performance is great and I have the full Play Store's content available on my TV. I selected the a set top box because it did not have the heating issues which plagues some stick computers .
:D
Jerry

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. Buy a Silmport adapter.. On amazon Amazon.com: slimport adapter

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That is probably the best solution.... I just purchased one and it works perfectly! You can even play games and use your HDTV as a monitor. Only problem is, it isn't a wireless solution, but it does definitely give you the functionality you are looking for.

J

Last edited by a moderator:

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
So basically I just need that Slimport adaptor? But i still have to attach it to an HDMI cable right? before I plug it in the HDMI socket on my TV
After this will I be able to watch the movies in my tablet? One poster said i can even play games. that would be cool. I already have an HDBI cable. I think its 1 yard long , Both male. so that means I really need this slimport adapter

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it applies to Slimport on the Nexus 7, but I've run into issues with apps that won't allow HDMI output for playback. Apps like Showtime Anytime IIRC won't play movies if an HDMI output is detected.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out finally..quite easy..all you need is to have both your nexus 7 and tv on the same wifi network.
i downloaded a program called Twonky Beam from playstore, and it plays stuff from the internet or videos from your nexus 7..choose what you want to play and beam it..

Bingo!! it straight away beams whatever is playing in my browser on to my samsung TV in clear HD!!..no messsy wires..I assume there are similar apps to beam as well..

Thanks guys!!

vmurph

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ditto on Slimport! Chromecast and Miracast are too limited. Slimport works with everything, video players, streaming, games...

But 'icwhatudidthere' is right; a few apps don't support 'video-out', so Slimport won't work with those apps. No adapter will, for that matter.

Luckily though, only very few apps don't allow video-out. Mostly its just the stingy Cable TV apps like Time Warner Cable, HBO, and Showtime, etc.

BTW, last I checked, they were almost impossible to get on Amazon. And when they were available, they were somewhere around $35 to $50. They have other, cheaper brands, but judging by the reviews, they're crap.

Your best bet for a Slimport adapter is eBay. I got a genuine Slimport for $16 and it works fantastic. There's a lot of knock-offs out there, so I'd look for a seller with excellent feedback.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
There are several solutions, but you have to be more specific about what you want to do.

Basically I want to watch the movies I have from my nexus 7 to my tv
what cable can I use ? My Tv has an hdmi port... but my nexus 7 doesnt have one. so do i need the slimport to have it connected to an hdmi cable so i can insert it in the Hdmi port in my tv?

So instead of watching movies from my MX PLAYER in nexus 7. I can watch it in my large tv..

hope to get insights ..thanks

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So basically I just need that Slimport adaptor? But i still have to attach it to an HDMI cable right? before I plug it in the HDMI socket on my TV
After this will I be able to watch the movies in my tablet? One poster said i can even play games. that would be cool. I already have an HDBI cable. I think its 1 yard long , Both male. so that means I really need this slimport adapter

Yes, that is true. The adapter doesn't come with an HDMI cord, so you'll need one in order to attach it to your TV. Once this is done, your entire N7 desktop appears on your TV, allowing you to watch movies, navigate the tablet and even play games on your television.

J

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Basically I want to watch the movies I have from my nexus 7 to my tv
what cable can I use ? My Tv has an hdmi port... but my nexus 7 doesnt have one. so do i need the slimport to have it connected to an hdmi cable so i can insert it in the Hdmi port in my tv?

So instead of watching movies from my MX PLAYER in nexus 7. I can watch it in my large tv..

hope to get insights ..thanks

Yes, the Slimport adapter and HDMI cable will do it.
Now that you can find them and they are <$30 I might actually buy one.
I have been playing vids on my TV by using Bubble UPnP app. I set the N7 as a library device and my Sony S5100 BD as a renderer.
It will play local and cloud services files. I haven't found a way to do this with vids from internet sites (except youtube) yet.

So depending on your home network, the file source location, file type, TV DLNA support, and N7 server apps, you can do this without a cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12