Nexus 7 2013 shuts down itself randomly?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i charged it last night, and let it stand by. when i woke up, i want to use it. for unknown reason, it shuts itself down automatically.

and i tried to press the power button several times, nothing happened. i had to keep pressing on it for about 1 min or longer, then it powered itself again.

does that happen to other people, too?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i have been using it for about a month, it has happened maybe 3 times or so.

should i be worried about it? it is so random. sometimes i wonder maybe i did something wrong myself.

but one thing is clear. for the last two times when it shuts down, i had to press the power button for a long time before it turns on again.

so should i contact google now?

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, yes, you should tell Google.
I returned mine because I saw the same behavior...random "why the heck did it run itself out of power?" occurrences as well as random reboots. Not multiple times a day be a 1-2 times a week. Still haven't bought a replacement. It'd help if you list when you bought yours and the build date from the serial#.

Raven Black14

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
i have the same issue with my nexus 7 and the back portion heats up.. what is wrong with it.. the predicament is.. it was bought in scotland and sent to me here in the philippines. PLS> HELP!!!! :':)':)':)':)':)'(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
the back portion heats up
It shouldn't do that on a continuous basis - if you're running a graphics intensive game, or using the GPS and a navigation app and have it connected to a charger then it will likely get hot, but if you're just surfing the web or reading Ebooks it should stay cool. What does your usage more closely resemble?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine has started doing this. It did it yesterday and today. It switched itself off in my bag. The only way I could get it to come back on was to plug it into the charger and leave it for a few minutes. The battery was nowhere dead as it had about 60 % charge left on both occasions. I'm just going to take it back. I'm not even going to bother with an exchange. This shouldn't be happening.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX