Headphone jack broke...have to send it into Asus

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this week, my headphones jack is not being held in tight...no click, no grab. It's too easy to pull out, though generally it still works. But it just doesn't hold good enough.

I started an rma w/ Asus, and mailing it in this weekend. Anyone else have loose headphone jack problem, and did you rma it?

Just a thread for those w/ head phone jack problems.

Other than this, my N7.2 is 100% perfect....they better just solder in a new jack, or I'll be pissed.

M

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Were you able test the jack with another set of headphones? Weird that it would be loose like that but still be able to play in both ears.

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I tested plenty...there is something that holds that last bit of the jack tight...I think that's what broke. Mailing it in tomorrow. Hope I get the same unit back...it's great.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, the good thing about getting a refurb is that it's been tested and should be issue free. It should also be in clean-like-new condition.

from my '14 Note 10.1

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, the good thing about getting a refurb is that it's been tested and should be issue free. It should also be in clean-like-new condition.
from my '14 Note 10.1

I'm on my 3rd RMA just to get the head phone fixed:

1ST RMA........THEY DID NOTHING
2ND RMA........THEY FIXED THE HEAD PHONE JACK, BUT DESTROYED THE SCREEN AND BACK; CHIPPED IN 2 CORNERS, AND A GOUGE IN THE PLASTIC BACK
3RD RMA.......BACK TO THEM TO REPLACE THE SCREEN!

Asus Repair actually wrecked my 100% perfect Nexus 7 screen..........bunch of monkeys..................z

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
That sucks Grabber....I get mine back for the 3rd time next week....we'll see if Asus fixed the damaged screen and back...caused by them...If not, I'm done w/ Asus...after I report their non-responsiveness to Google, BBB, etc...also maybe credit card company.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Good luck man. I think the headphone problem won't be a big issue for me the way I've been using the tablet, but thinking about what i bought it for, it could be interesting. I bought it for a second screen for movies during long trips in the van. Headphones are a big part of that. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just tried a different pair of headphones (actually it was the plug on my powered PC speakers that was so loose and very easy slip out when moving the tablet) and they are tight. Maybe it's just that one cord.

- Matt