Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default My Magazines Widget's Covers Don't Update

Not the biggest problem to have, but I've got a pair of 1x5 My Library widgets set up, one for Books and the other for Magazines. The Books one shows the covers of the last six books I've read; when I read an older one, it takes the left-most space and pushes the rest to the right. However, my Magazines one which used to update has stopped updating for several weeks now. It used to show unread, freshly DLed mags which is how I knew something had arrived, but now I need to open the app to look.

I've tried taking it off and placing it again, clearing the cache for My Magazines (but not the data; too much to re-DL), and it shows only the same covers from over a month ago regardless of what I read or new issues coming down. I just tried placing the widget on my Nexus 4 and it shows the latest issues, though they aren't DLed.

16GB wifi running stock, unrooted JSS15R. I was rooted, but an OTA wiped it out and I haven't rerooted yet.

I can't find anything about this online - searches usually talk about music album art not updating. TIA.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Default Re: My Magazines Widget's Covers Don't Update

try removing and adding the widget again
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I've tried taking it off and placing it again
    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    try removing and adding the widget again
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

never mind, i thought you did it on Nexus 4.. anyway clear data/cache for playstore app and open it again
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I cleared Play Store cache and data and logged back in and now the My Magazines widget is totally blank. Removed and replaced it, no change. Tapping the clear area opens the overall Magazines app. Opened a magazine, no change. Del'd widget again, cleared cache on My Magazines and FC'ed the app, reopened app, opened magazine, placed widget, but still no change.

Tried placing widgets for My Music and My Videos and both times they instantly populated with my most recently played content. Placing the My Library widget shows a mix of books, video and music, but no mags. Removed widget, rebooted tablet, opened app, opened three different magazines, tried placing widget and still no go. Very weird.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bumping. This is so weird. Everything else works, why not the magazines widget?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Updating to KitKat had no effect on things. I really don't get it.