Kit kat and Nova launcher

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Since I'm new to the alternative launcher world, will the update to Kit kat make a difference to the launcher? Will I have to disable it in order to get the 4.4 system set up? :confused:

Thanks for any help :)

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm new to the alternative launcher world, will the update to Kit kat make a difference to the launcher? Will I have to disable it in order to get the 4.4 system set up? :confused:

Thanks for any help :)

No, Launcher do not effect the OS.
You can update perfectly fine, You will just have to set nova as your default again after the update.

AzJazz

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
brattyc - If you have Nova loaded now, when the KK update hits your device, you will get prompted for which launcher you want to use. You will also have a choice whether you want the selection to be permanent or just that one time.

Whenever a new launcher is installed (or upgraded), you will get prompted for which launcher to use as your default. Also, if you don't like your default selection, you can also change it with: Settings >> Applications, then select your launcher and then "Clear Defaults".

So, you'll always have the option to try whatever launcher you want, and your choice isn't permanent.

AzJazz

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
The new Kit Kat launcher is just like any other launcher you download from the app store. It is only an application so you can still choose between the two once the update is available, or you can switch to the new one. Your settings between Nova and the Kit Kat launcher won't transfer but have aesthetics have changed so you'd want to reconfigure you layouts and all that anyways.

Posted via Android Central App

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
brattyc - If you have Nova loaded now, when the KK update hits your device, you will get prompted for which launcher you want to use. You will also have a choice whether you want the selection to be permanent or just that one time.

Whenever a new launcher is installed (or upgraded), you will get prompted for which launcher to use as your default. Also, if you don't like your default selection, you can also change it with: Settings >> Applications, then select your launcher and then "Clear Defaults".

So, you'll always have the option to try whatever launcher you want, and your choice isn't permanent.

AzJazz

Thanks, I'm still waiting for the update, guess I'll have to wait to check it all out.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually, launchers are a bit nicer to use now with KitKat, as there is a settings menu for selecting what launcher to use.

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Actually, launchers are a bit nicer to use now with KitKat, as there is a settings menu for selecting what launcher to use.

Finally got the KitKat update, I don't notice that much difference (except the notifiers are white and not blue anymore, liked the blue better). I didn't even have to reactivate my Nova Launcher, everything stayed the same after the update.:D

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
What do you like about Nova prime. With Gel I feel it has a much friendlier look

Posted via Android Central App

Gestures. Can't give them up. Not to mention the near endless other customizations (dock backgrounds, app drawer, folder background, changing grid sizes, Icon sizes... I run it on both my N7 and my creaky htc Vivid and it along with SwiftKey give me my own customized consistent experience.

Posted from my Nexus 7 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress