My screen doesnt work ? BUT my volume buttons, and power button does.
Hey everyone, after getting home from school I got on my nexus tablet (my school textbooks are on it) I pressed the power button so I could unlock it....well the screen turns on and displays the lockscreen....but all my touches are not being picked up by the screen. I was going to turn it off and turn it back on to see if that fixes it....but I cant even turn it off without pressing the "Power Off" menu on the screen after holding the power button. My tablet is not locked up...atleast I do not think it is, I just dont think the power button and the volume buttons would even work if it was a system lockup/freeze.
What can I do ?
Re: My screen doesnt work ? BUT my volume buttons, and power button does.
Welcome to Android Central! So are you saying that you are able to power it down after long pressing the power button? What happens when you power off and then power back on, essentially rebooting the device?
If that doesn't help, try wiping the system cache partition, which will not make you lose any important personal data:
- If your tablet is on, power it off.
- Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
- Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
- Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
- Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press Power to select it.
- When complete, highlight "reboot system now" and press Power.