- 35 Posts
Nexus 7 2013 slowing down
I had an original nexus 7 and while it was great at first it eventually suffered from terrible slowdown. I upgraded to a nexus 7 2013 and was hoping Asus had fixed the issues that plagued the original. Now I am starting to suffer similar slowdown problems. I don't have too many apps installed and have 13gb free space. There are times when touches don't seem to register and everything is becoming unacceptably slow.
I will never trust or buy another Asus android product. I am convinced they use cheap components that don't hold up.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
- 10-23-2013, 05:12 PM #2
- 10-23-2013, 05:53 PM #3
- 10-23-2013, 08:23 PM #4
Re: Nexus 7 2013 slowing down
I agree with clearing the system cache partition, following these instructions:
1. If your tablet is on, power it off.
2. Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
3. Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
4. Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
5. While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
6. Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press Power to select it.
7. When complete, highlight "reboot system now" and press Power to execute.
The slowdown you're experiencing isn't necessarily the hardware's (and therefore Asus's) fault. It could be some app you've installed that is running in the background, bogging things down.
Posted via Android Central App
- 10-23-2013, 08:55 PM #5
- By Gekko in forum Nexus 5 AccessoriesReplies: 76Last Post: 12-04-2013, 08:47 PM
- By GadgetMonster431 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2013, 09:44 AM
- By OneWeekCreation in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 16Last Post: 10-24-2013, 04:47 AM
- By OneWeekCreation in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 10-23-2013, 08:20 AM
- By k91191 in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 10-23-2013, 07:51 AM