app icons disappear once in a while? anyone else?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
it doesn't happen often. but once in a while, i will notice a blank spot on the screen because one or two app icons suddenly disappeared from that particular screen.

does anyone have the same problem?

did they move around on the multiple screens randomly ? i have many apps, so i can't remember all of them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's usually after a major app update when the icon will disappear from the homescreen.

Posted via Android Central App

mcweber

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello, Yes, is true, when some applications are updated some icons disappear from the home screen, but now I have Android 4.4.2 CM and I can confirm that my icons disappear with any update, I just put the icons on the home screen and then I restart the device and when start again the icons are not in the home screen.

If anyone have more information about this problems please share.

Regards

lodihoseman

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This happens on my note 3. ANNOYING!!!!!

This seems to be happening to me all of a sudden. Specifically, I use Firefox browser to check work schedule. That is the only thing I use Firefox for. I add an icon bookmark to my main home screen, every time my phone battery dies, I can count on this bookmark icon to be missing when I charge and turn on my phone. Doesn't seem to happen during a restart, just when the phone dies. All other icons remain.

Galaxy S6, android 6.0.1

Frustrating. Of course Mozilla blames Android. Waiting for Android to blame Mozilla...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
every time my phone battery dies, I can count on this bookmark icon to be missing when I charge and turn on my phone.
Perhaps you should get out of the habit of letting your phone battery die? Not only does it seem to have the unwanted side effect of causing this icon to disappear, it's also bad for your battery: you're running up your cycle count which will lead to an early demise of your (non user replaceable) battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What GSDer is recommending is good advice. It may not address your issue directly, but it is still important to know. Some users aren't aware that regularly draining a battery to zero or near-zero is detrimental to the overall lifespan of the battery.

You might want to try using an alternate launcher like Nova, and see if the problem occurs there as well.

lodihoseman

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It's anytime my phone powers off. At first, restarts didn't seem to do it, but now it's any power cycle. As I stated before, it's a bookmark that I created from within Firefox.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095.

You can also try going to the App Manager, selecting Firefox, and Clear Cache there. If Firefox on your phone syncs with your Firefox account in the cloud (i.e., to sync your bookmarks), then you could also try Clear Data.

lodihoseman

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
OK. Did all that. Didn't help. But I figured out a way around this. Instead of placing a bookmark, I'm just going to set the default address to the address I need, and just put the Firefox app on my home screen. The only thing I use Firefox for is to check TeleStaff, for staffing and overtime anyway. I use chrome for everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid