Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question app icons disappear once in a while? anyone else?

it doesn't happen often. but once in a while, i will notice a blank spot on the screen because one or two app icons suddenly disappeared from that particular screen.

does anyone have the same problem?

did they move around on the multiple screens randomly ? i have many apps, so i can't remember all of them.

Default Re: app icons disappear once in a while? anyone else?

sometime when there is an update to the app the icons dissappear. dont know the exact reason though

It's usually after a major app update when the icon will disappear from the homescreen.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    It's usually after a major app update when the icon will disappear from the homescreen.

Posted via Android Central App
    ^^ I'm pretty sure it's when they make a change to the icon in conjunction with this.

Hello, Yes, is true, when some applications are updated some icons disappear from the home screen, but now I have Android 4.4.2 CM and I can confirm that my icons disappear with any update, I just put the icons on the home screen and then I restart the device and when start again the icons are not in the home screen.

If anyone have more information about this problems please share.

Regards

X peria C have same problem some times i restarted my phone all icon dissapear.

This happens on my note 3. ANNOYING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nick1226 View Post
    This happens on my note 3. ANNOYING!!!!!
    This seems to be happening to me all of a sudden. Specifically, I use Firefox browser to check work schedule. That is the only thing I use Firefox for. I add an icon bookmark to my main home screen, every time my phone battery dies, I can count on this bookmark icon to be missing when I charge and turn on my phone. Doesn't seem to happen during a restart, just when the phone dies. All other icons remain.

Galaxy S6, android 6.0.1

Frustrating. Of course Mozilla blames Android. Waiting for Android to blame Mozilla...

Quote Originally Posted by lodihoseman View Post
    every time my phone battery dies, I can count on this bookmark icon to be missing when I charge and turn on my phone.
    Perhaps you should get out of the habit of letting your phone battery die? Not only does it seem to have the unwanted side effect of causing this icon to disappear, it's also bad for your battery: you're running up your cycle count which will lead to an early demise of your (non user replaceable) battery.
    B. Diddy likes this.

What GSDer is recommending is good advice. It may not address your issue directly, but it is still important to know. Some users aren't aware that regularly draining a battery to zero or near-zero is detrimental to the overall lifespan of the battery.

You might want to try using an alternate launcher like Nova, and see if the problem occurs there as well.

It happens during restart also.

Are you using the stock TouchWiz launcher, or a 3rd party launcher?

I have no idea what you are taking about, so... The stock one, I guess

I haven't modified any part of my phone other than installing apps from the play store and amazon.

Doesn't seem to happen during a restart, just when the phone dies.
    It happens during restart also.
    Which is it then - doesn't happen during restart or does happen during restart?

Is this a shortcut to the Firefox app (ie you dragged it from your Apps drawer to the Home screen) or is it a bookmark that you saved to the Home screen?

It's anytime my phone powers off. At first, restarts didn't seem to do it, but now it's any power cycle. As I stated before, it's a bookmark that I created from within Firefox.

Yes, I did read that you said 'bookmark' - I needed to be sure that we both meant the same thing. I just installed Firefox https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ozilla.firefox and created a bookmark on my Home screen, then powered the device off and back on and the bookmark was still where I left it. Don't know what to tell you.

Ok, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095.

You can also try going to the App Manager, selecting Firefox, and Clear Cache there. If Firefox on your phone syncs with your Firefox account in the cloud (i.e., to sync your bookmarks), then you could also try Clear Data.