Nexus 7 2013 LTE Question

jack584

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the LTE version of the Nexus 7, I currently have a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon with unlimited data. Based on what I've read, if I pop my Galaxy Nexus SIM into the Nexus 7, I will be able to tap into my unlimited data, am I right?

Now my main question, T-Mobile recently had an announcement that they are giving away 200 MB of data for free every month for tablets. If I get the LTE version of the Nexus 7, will I be able to use it on both Verizon with my Galaxy Nexus SIM, and the free T-Mobile SIM that I would get? It would be useful for the times that I don't want to go through the hassle of switching SIM cards just to check a website or something. I would only switch to my Verizon SIM if I was going to do something that would eat up a lot of the free 200 MB that T-Mobile is giving for free.

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Verizon LTE is not supported on the new Nexus 7. See the other thread in this form that talks about the issue.

Posted via Android Central App

jack584

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought that the problems with Verizon LTE on the Nexus 7 were with people trying to activate a new SIM on the device. I would just be temporarily swapping the SIM from my already activated Galaxy Nexus into the Nexus 7. I was under the impression that that would work. I also watched a video of somebody putting an already active Verizon SIM into the Nexus 7 and it worked.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought that the problems with Verizon LTE on the Nexus 7 were with people trying to activate a new SIM on the device. I would just be temporarily swapping the SIM from my already activated Galaxy Nexus into the Nexus 7. I was under the impression that that would work. I also watched a video of somebody putting an already active Verizon SIM into the Nexus 7 and it worked.

It's not officially supported, but yes, you can do it. I've pulled my Verizon SGS3 sim out and put it in my N7 and it works fine. I've done it multiple times without any issues.