Smartcase sleep/wake function

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got this case for my 2013 Nexus 7: Amazon.com: rooCASE Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Tablet Origami SlimShell Folio Case Cover - Black (Updated Sleep / Wake Feature): Computers & Accessories

Really nice case--very slim, fits perfectly. I got the red color, which gives it a cool sportscar feel.:cool: The only thing I've noticed is that the smartcover function doesn't always work upon opening the case. It always works to shut the screen off when closing, but not with opening. I noticed this problem with a different case I tried previously. Anyone else notice this? It's not a dealbreaker--what's more important to me is that the sleep function isn't triggered when I fold the cover back.

I got it for $10, and now it's $5.50--argh!

Edit--correction, the red one I got is still $10, while the black one is $5.50.

Last edited:

Android_1234

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got this case for my 2013 Nexus 7: Amazon.com: rooCASE Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Tablet Origami SlimShell Folio Case Cover - Black (Updated Sleep / Wake Feature): Computers & Accessories

Really nice case--very slim, fits perfectly. I got the red color, which gives it a cool sportscar feel.:cool: The only thing I've noticed is that the smartcover function doesn't always work upon opening the case. It always works to shut the screen off when closing, but not with opening. I noticed this problem with a different case I tried previously. Anyone else notice this? It's not a dealbreaker--what's more important to me is that the sleep function isn't triggered when I fold the cover back.

I got it for $10, and now it's $5.50--argh!

Edit--correction, the red one I got is still $10, while the black one is $5.50.

Awesome deal, I would have bought it if I didn't buy a crappy $10 case from the Chinese market (eBay) 2 weaks ago. The Sleep/Wake feature on my case works perfectly, I haven't used the power button ever since I got the case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I found this thread. Sounds like it's some weird bug, where if wifi is off, the sleep/wake magnet sensor doesn't wake the device up consistently. Hope they fix it.

Google Groups

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a rooCASE, I got the MoKo case but same thing; it doesn't wake itself up all the time upon opening the cover but would always shut the screen when closing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, the wake function only works if wifi is on. Official Google response on that thread was that they're aware of the problem and working on it.

Posted via Android Central App