Opening case not turning on

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my Poetic case, opening it turned on my Nexus 7, but all of a sudden, it isn't working anymore. It does shut off when I close the case.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'll refer you to my other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...013/327090-smartcase-sleep-wake-function.html

If you look through the Google forum that is linked in that thread, you'll see this is a known problem--the smartcover wake function doesn't work if your wifi is off, although the sleep function will work when you close the cover. Hopefully, Google/Asus will fix this with an upcoming patch.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Minor correction--if the Wi-Fi is off, the smart cover wake function may still work, but there will often be a significant delay. If the Wi-Fi is on, it will wake immediately.

Posted via Android Central App

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I did have wifi on but was not connected when this was happening. Could this cause the same issue as when wifi is off?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I did have wifi on but was not connected when this was happening. Could this cause the same issue as when wifi is off?

I've had this also happen to me when I get far enough form the router and drop the signal, or when microwave starts and interferes with the signal, even if wifi is still on, but not connected, when I open the case it won't turn on until wifi connection is re-established.....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I confirmed what others in that Google Groups thread have said--with wifi off, the smartcover wake function still works, but there's a delay of up to 30 seconds or so (which is about the same as not working at all, in my opinion).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Google Groups thread seems to have someone official-sounding involved, so hopefully they're working on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois