Bluetooth problems with Nexus 7

mgray5159

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I had bluetooth problems with the 2012 Nexus 7 where if I connected a mouse and keyboard, they would both disconnect after 30 seconds repeatedly. When using the 2013 Nexus 7, my mouse that was designed for Android isn't recognized by Android 4.3 and the keyboard is recognized but connects and disconnects every 5 seconds. Is this a common problem or am I just an anomaly?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a '13 Nexus 7 that I've used 2 bluetooth keyboards with and 1 bluetooth mouse (as well as a bluetooth stereo headset). I've not had any trouble with any of them disconnecting until I give them permission to do so. Do you have any power saving apps (like Juice Defender) that may be interjecting themselves and disconnecting your devices?

skesler89

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
On the Nexus 7 Google group, there is a very long thread discussing a major and prolific problem with many different BT keyboards. Can't look for it now, but I'll try and find the link. My Apple BT keyboard is unusable. Many other BT keyboards are mentioned in the thread. The problems all seemed to have started with the latest system update.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a mixed bag of what works and what doesn't. My Bluetooth Logitech keyboard & Bluetooth MS mouse both work (simultaneously) with both my 2012 & 2013 N7's.

Motogameruk

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Motorola BT mouse and keyboard. turns out when I had wifi on it was interfering with the BT signal. So my only fix was to switch off wifi which is a massive inconvenience especially if you intend to use it with the Internet :/

Happy owner of a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 2013

skesler89

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
From reading many of the posts on the long thread in the Nexus 7 group noted above, I believe that you've identified the most probable culprit. Apparently, with 4.3, there can be an issue with running wifi and bluetooth at the same time--for some at least. I have that issue myself with an Apple bt keyboard. However, I dug up an old Think Outside folding bt keyboard which dates back to the Pocket PC days (you youngsters may not know what I'm talking about) and it seems to work as advertised. So, hopefully, this is a software issue that can be fixed. Probably we'll have to wait until 4.4 is released.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae