Is A Special App. Or Setting Needed to use a Slimport HDMI Connector?

nicewave

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
LG TVs seem to have an issue with the slimport, my nexus 7 2013 won't connect to my 47" LG TV but it connected nicely with my older cheaper 27" Viore TV

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
my nexus 7 2013 won't connect to my 47" LG TV but it connected nicely with my older cheaper 27" Viore TV
Perhaps just try a shorter HDMI cable - I had a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 MHL<>HDMI adapter and my Panasonic TV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Did you change the cast setting on your Nexus? Settings - Display - Cast Screen. Then click on the the three dots in the upper right and click the box next to "Enable Wireless Display".

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you change the cast setting on your Nexus? Settings - Display - Cast Screen. Then click on the the three dots in the upper right and click the box next to "Enable Wireless Display".
Thanks, but that is for using Miracast to wirelessly cast the display to a Miracast-equipped TV.

Slimport uses an HDMI cable to physically connect to a TV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

roschen

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The slim port needs a power source to work. Are you connecting your slim port to a power source? You can do that with your Nexus charger.
I tried first without the power connection and it did not work. Then I tried to power the slimport by connecting it to my laptop via USB. That also did not work. Then I connected to a plug point and hey presto my Nexus screen appeared on the large screen!

barrymgore

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I brought a similar unit from Maplins and one from Vtech via Amazon and had the same problem, I dont think it is the tv as I have tried connecting it to 2 HDMI ready TVs and a HDMI Laptop. There is a video on youtube showing the easy connection but my slimport will not work. I will have to try to get the specific one that has been proven to work

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If you are using the USB port on the TV for power, try a different power supply, like the Nexus charger, for the slimport adapter. Some TV USB ports don't put out enough power.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Slimport is a quirky technology, just drop $35 on a Chromecast

I love my Chromecast, but it's not a solution to everything. One major issue is lag on screen casting. It doesn't matter for some things, but it makes it unusable for others.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Slimport is a quirky technology, just drop $35 on a Chromecast

I have a Nexus 7, Chromecast, and a Galaxy Tab pro. Chromecast is great, but good luck in a hotel. I now bring the Tab Pro on trips and don't have to worry about slimport technology. Not sure why Google makes certain things difficult, like plugging in an external drive to the Nexus 7 is another adventure.

kingTaus

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi to all as i read all the slimport issues i saw that people have different issue histories and here is mine, i have 2 nexus 7 tablets they have same apps ,same ROMs 5.0.2 same everything n i ve one slimport cable which i use for both its brand called Dark its made in Turkey n i live in Turkey so whatever to cut it short while one of my tablets works perfectly fine the other tablet doesnt , loses connection in secs. with the same slimport device HDMI cable and LG tv ..wierd isnt it?

kingTaus

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
l found the problem n the solution for my case, im 100 percent sure that its the nexus 7's micro USB port that causes our problem it is probably loose n dirty (it looks pretty clean but its rubbish believe me) either you ve to get micro USB port replacement or get it clean n tight, i used electric isolating bandages( very tiny bit) around the slimport usb out so that when i entered it into nexus 7 it fit tight into port n that was it ! No more 'no signals' any more, u can use it with or without the charging cable it makes no difference, also pls dont boder changing ur HDMI cables with expensive or short ones, remember its the problem of your device's micro USB port causes that signal losses
Good Luck Folks God Bless

lindamary

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the very same and mine doesn't connect with hawaii or samsung a5 or is there something I need to do to get this to work I'm using a hdmi cable to my telly is a northerdame.

nixeblue

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
You need to make sure you are using a SlimPort supported phone/tablet. There is a listing on the SlimPort dot com website. No app is needed as it just mirrors your phone screen to a larger display. I have been using the Analogix SlimPort HDMI SP6001 with my Nexus 5 and LG G2 with no trouble at all.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem have you solved it yet
Which 'same' problem?
Do you already have a Slimport cable? (Hopefully it's not some cheap knockoff that you purchased for 59 cents.)
Have you tried a couple of different HDMI cables? In my case the 12' HDMI cable that I normally use for accessories just didn't work, but I got a 3' one which worked fine.

echoland

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I have bought same one and it did not work via usb splitter with non smart tv.
But, It worked after set direct connection to the tv even w/o external usb charger.