KitKat is official - let the countdown begin!

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Well my phone is running Froyo, I just wanted to keep the experience similar. They both run like champ. I don't and never have understood all the fuss about having the latest and greatest buggy software, but to each their own.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of buying the Nexus 7 2 when it was release back in July but waited and got a lot of feedback that the 4.2 or 4.3 had a lag on rendering webpages and that there are stuttering when do movements in the UI.

I wait to see if the new KitKat release will fix these small problems in Jelley Bean!

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well my phone is running Froyo, I just wanted to keep the experience similar. They both run like champ. I don't and never have understood all the fuss about having the latest and greatest buggy software, but to each their own.

Because while there are new software additions that may not be "fully baked", there are also a lot of bug fixes & polish applied throughout. It's like folks that are holding onto their Windows XP machines. When I'm doing repairs on them (I have a computer repair / web design biz), I can't help but think of the many things I could do faster/easier with newer versions of Windows, or the problems they wouldn't be having with a newer version. Most of the complaints I hear when it comes to new versions of software come from either a) complaints about software or features that didn't even exist in the older version, so if the new "half baked" features could be ignored, the overall experience would be better, or b) complaints because people just don't want to be bothered to learn about changed tools or layout, which is usually changed for a good reason (though to be fair, some changes are asthetic & I can understand the complaint somewhat).

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
You can already hide apps by going into settings----> Application manager ---> then slide all the over to the right and go to ALL apps -----> click the ones you don't want and either disable if on touchwiz or Turn off is on a nexus device.

Thanks! I tried to hide the Gallery app but as it turns out, doing so also hides the Camera button thus making it impossible to be able to take pictures. That is very dumb if you ask me. Obviously, per personal reasons, I would like the Gallery app hidden while I can use a 3rd party app. Smh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2