Replacement nexus 7 has gps toggle button

pjoseph

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I just exchanged my nexus 7 since the first one I got on friday had the gps problem.

I notice when I swipe down top right of screen which pulls down the toggle/settings buttons my new one has a gps toggle which I know for sure the first one I had did not anyone know why this would b3

Anyway this one has worked fine so far today drove almost two hours with no issues. Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 2

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine normally doesn't have a GPS toggle in that pulldown tray, but I happened to pull it down when it was searching for GPS, and it showed it there.

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've got one of the earliest models with the usual malfunctioning GPS. when I pull down the top of the screen I get an icon that says searching for GPS. is that what you're talking about or is there some new software? It sounds like software.

I'm trying to decide weather to return my old unit to them and see if they might send me one with a functioning GPS, but i'm not convinced that such exist or if the return hassle and waIt is going to be worth it. They might just send it back to me after a month or two and say they tested it and found no problem. I've had bad experience with the Asus repair department in the past. On the other hand if the new ones have some sort of hardware improvement and have actual functioning GPS it would be worth it.