Buy Nexus 7 now or wait until holidays?

Iggy City

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm debating on whether to buy the Nexus 7 32gb now from Google Play for $279 and free shipping, or wait a month or so until the holiday season for sales/promo's. I've never bought anything from the Play store before, can you guys tell me if there's ever any holiday sales/etc. for devices?

I'm pretty set on buying it direct from Google instead of an outside vendor, due to the warranty differences.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating on whether to buy the Nexus 7 32gb now from Google Play for $279 and free shipping, or wait a month or so until the holiday season for sales/promo's. I've never bought anything from the Play store before, can you guys tell me if there's ever any holiday sales/etc. for devices?

Get it now. It's highly unlikely there will be any sort of discount, especially through Google. The device is already sold at or close to cost as it is. There weren't any places that had special pricing for last year's Nexus 7 during the holidays.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Google Play does not discount but at least two years ago; OfficeMax had a 20% off on everything and many of my acquaints purchase the Nexus 7 at 20% off of retail! I look for it again this year around and maybe they will have it again.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm pretty set on buying it direct from Google instead of an outside vendor, due to the warranty differences.

Since you're so close to Black Friday, if you can hold out for a while, you may want to see what specials are offered for the device. No guarantees but it could happen.

J

Guillaume Labrecque

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Since you're so close to Black Friday, if you can hold out for a while, you may want to see what specials are offered for the device. No guarantees but it could happen.
J

I guess I was lucky. I just bought my very first tablet, the Nexus 7 2013 (32 GB) for $249 CAN at Amazon.ca (with free 2-day shipping). Their price is usually $279 for the 32 GB but it was $30 off today. I thought I had to get it at that price because I don't think the Black Friday deals will be better. I'll get it on Friday. Can't wait. BTW, I ordered like 30 minutes ago and now the price just jacked up to $275... Weird...

Iggy City

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess I was lucky. I just bought my very first tablet, the Nexus 7 2013 (32 GB) for $249 CAN at Amazon.ca (with free 2-day shipping). Their price is usually $279 for the 32 GB but it was $30 off today. I thought I had to get it at that price because I don't think the Black Friday deals will be better. I'll get it on Friday. Can't wait. BTW, I ordered like 30 minutes ago and now the price just jacked up to $275... Weird...

Oh no way! I keep refreshing to see if it changes again, but no luck thus far haha.